To Absent Friends

There have been some disturbing reports of animals simply ripped apart.

Bah, you’re just making that up to scare me into good behaviour.

and someone did tell me that the Necromancer was excited about “a special corpse” being acquired…

yeah, he was in awe of how well it took to the revivication process, and then broke all the restraints, smashed the steel shutter on a window, and went off howling into the night. Now, it’s not certain that this was the former Agnes Fletcher/Maclachlan, but when her body was stolen would fit the timeline and the corpse was noted to be impressive for its smallish stature…

:smiling_imp:

Right, this is the casualty list as I have it:

Agnes Maclachlan nee Fletcher
Artemis Cole
Bess Darby
Flint Petrov
John Maclachlan
Orpha Montgomery
Sabina Nasseruddin
Simeon Campbell

[quote=“tog42”]Right, this is the casualty list as I have it:

Agnes Maclachlan nee Fletcher
Artemis
Bess Darby
Flint Petrov
John Maclachlan
Orpha
Sabina
Simeon Campbell[/quote]

RIP

Please please please RIP

Yeah I mean what kind of black magic would it take to raise your friends from their ashes and send them to kill you. Surely such magic doesn’t exist.

Well we know Flint’s body was burned, and we know where Bess’s body is.
Of the other one’s I am unsure, except Agnes of course whom we know was kept by the Society, and subsequently lost.
Can anyone attest to the destruction of any of the other bodies?

Leo personally decapitated and burned John and Simeon. Zek saw to Artemis to his rest in Japan.

er, actually there are reports that the Necromancer was very excited about some kind of special corpse. Quite short, took to the treatment alarmingly well, went quite out of control. Combined with the ripped apart animals being found around Skye I think we can say that Agnes’s body is not so much “lost” as “waiting on the roof of the tavern for a drunken gypsy to wander outside” or possibly “behind you.”

Of our eight fallen compatriots:

• Agnes Fletcher’s whereabouts are currently unknown.
  • Artemis Cole was properly laid to rest in Japan by Zek and Esther.
  • Bess Darby is still around Skye, at least in body.
  • Mihai Petrov was properly laid to rest in Skye by his friends and family.
  • John McLachlan was properly laid to rest in Skye by Leo.
  • Orpha was (presumably) properly laid to rest in Skye.
  • Sabina was (presumably) properly laid to rest in Skye.
  • Simeon Campbell was properly laid to rest in Skye by Leo.

There is a ninth, however, that probably warrants inclusion, considering how badly it affected the refugees in the first session. The girl from the village who was killed by the cultists (and whose name I sadly cannot recall) was laid to rest at the camp too.

RIP.

[quote=“musicforwolves”]Of our eight fallen compatriots:

• Orpha was (presumably) properly laid to rest in Skye.

RIP.[/quote]

Actually as I understand it, Orpha’s brother took her body to be laid to rest at sea…

So who knows really.

So, based on that last list, then unless Dashwood can confirm the destruction of Orpha’s body (and we think we can believe him! ) or someone can actually confirm destroying Sabina’s body, then Agnes, Sabina, & Orpha currently still have the potential to return in some (non-ghostly) form. Frankly, I would not be surprised were I to come across all three together on a wind-swept moor, gather’d round a cauldron, reciting those famous words…
[size=85]
Thrice the brinded cat hath mew’d.
Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin’d.
Harpier cries:—'tis time! ‘tis time!
Round about the caldron go;
In the poison’d entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter’d venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot!
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
etc…
[/size]
:slight_smile:

[quote=“mundens”]So, based on that last list, then unless Dashwood can confirm the destruction of Orpha’s body (and we think we can believe him! ) or someone can actually confirm destroying Sabina’s body, then Agnes, Sabina, & Orpha currently still have the potential to return in some (non-ghostly) form. Frankly, I would not be surprised were I to come across all three together on a wind-swept moor, gather’d round a cauldron, reciting those famous words…
[size=85]
Thrice the brinded cat hath mew’d.
Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin’d.
Harpier cries:—'tis time! ‘tis time!
Round about the caldron go;
In the poison’d entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter’d venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot!
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
etc…
[/size]
:slight_smile:[/quote]

I would approve of this :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, Orpha did a lot for Skye, even if she was a liiittle, shall we say, off kilter?

[quote=“musicforwolves”]
There is a ninth, however, that probably warrants inclusion, considering how badly it affected the refugees in the first session. The girl from the village who was killed by the cultists (and whose name I sadly cannot recall) was laid to rest at the camp too.

RIP.[/quote]

Maire McKay, beloved daughter of Robert and Nellie McKay…

[quote=“Dagr”][quote=“musicforwolves”]

RIP.[/quote]

Maire McKay, beloved daughter of Robert and Nellie McKay…[/quote]

Sadly, we have no photos, so we cannot put her on the wall.

Sadly, we have no photos, so we cannot put her on the wall.[/quote]
Perhaps if Alison is willing, you can get a photo taken of her dressed as Maire :smiley:

That thought had occured to me.