The Larp-over

The Larpover is strong in this one…

Oh the sweet larp-over.

Got a bad case of the larpfoot. Also might be coming down with something.

Oh, the Larpfoot! I was walking to get my coffee this morning and was like “why are my feet so sore…” followed by “d’uh”.

Still trying to get the wax out of my hair. It normally takes a few days for it to return to normal.

I’m going to be optimistic and say I think I’ve avoided any illness (other than the one I went in with), but my entire body, from the neck down, aches in ways I didn’t think possible.

I have managed to somehow develop a limp and am aching rather badly…

I must remember this time to put some padding underneath the shoulders of my scale. I meant to do it after the last game. Once again, my shoulders are red and tender.

Aye, even with a good gambeson, my shoulders were dead every night after that plate. Got Larpfoot over when I tripped over a steel line from the power tower outside my tent, my knee has been swollen all weekend. So weird though, I don’t have to walk up and down the road of pain to get anything done anymore.

Polished and waxed my boots cos I knew it would be a wet and muddy weekend, so my feet didn’t get wet :slight_smile:

But, still a bit achy today so didn’t ride in to work, will likely ride in tomorrow, though.

First time with a sword in battle. Sore shoulders, bruises, aching legs…Awesome!

I’m off for another nap.

The fun of denial of larpover…

Telling other staff members that I’m tired from “camping and hiking”, while getting knowing looks from those who are ‘in the know’ regarding my obscure hobby…

I got home, seemed to be recovering fast… BUT LARPFOOT STRUCK, I lost control of my legs and stood on a sharp ring of metal.

I hole punched my foot…

I am a victim of LARPover :frowning:

I don’t seem to have gotten larpover too badly, although I am quite distracted and tired at work, much more so than usual.

Another symptom of my LARPover- whenever I hear a loud noise, my hand jumps to wear my sword should be.

I was crossing the road with some friends and saw a car bearing down on us suddenly earlier today. I nearly shouted “Dragon!” at them.

This is the third time I’ve had the urge to shout this since Teonn finished.

That’s a common reaction, I’ve had that after every 33AR game too. :slight_smile:

Someone scratched his head, I ignored him as if he didnt exist… Funny how a LARP can condition your mind.

While out getting lunch yesterday, I saw someone who appeared to be wearing a red headband (I think he had a red beanie on, which was only partially poking out from under his hood). I wondered for a second why he needed to show he was out of character while walking down Queen St at lunchtime on a Tuesday, before realising that wasn’t what he was doing.