The Dance and the Dawn: October 26, 2013

Yes, its official: We’ve got Vogelmorn again for a re-run of “The Dance and the Dawn” in June.

[i]This game tells the tale of six beautiful Ladies who came to the court of the Queen of Ice for a midnight ball, and there danced with seven noble Lords, all in pursuit of the True Love that could heal their hearts.

The players take on the roles of nobles in a gothic fairy-tale realm, convened for a great ritual dance, who have one night to find love and redemption. Six players become the Ladies of Ash, who have come to the midnight ball in hopes of healing their heartbreak; seven become the cold, proud Lords of Ice who are there waiting for them, and who struggle with tragedies of their own; and the other two become the Queen of Ice and the Duke of Ash, the enigmatic figures who have arranged the whole affair. The game is an event that lasts about four hours, which will be taken up with dancing and dueling and courtly intrigue…and, of course, with the eternal hope of romance and joy.[/i]

If you are interested, mark the date on your calendar and let me know (if you’ve already emailed me from the discusison on the mailing list, don’t worry - I have your details recorded). I will decide on whether to use the traditional or alternative cast depending on the mix of new to old players. I’ll do formal player registration and casting in late May. if I get too much interest, well, I’ll just have to do another re-run sometime :slight_smile:

I am interested. So interested that everything around me has gone into soft focus.

yes please

Yes, yes yes yes and yes :slight_smile:

Me please

This sounds really awesome! Yes please!

This sounds wicked awesome!

Oooooh! Sounds exciting. I am interested if there’re still spaces free.
H

Yes please yes please

Wow looks incredible :slight_smile:

Will let other people have a go first, as I was mightily successful in my last run, but am happy to play a character or a support role if needed :slight_smile:

It really is quite good.

I would love to, but I’m pretty booked out already in May and June.

Have fun people it’s a very good game.

Yip still looking to be involved… but you knew that :slight_smile:

Update: on the urgings of the Queen and Duke, I’ve decided to go with the classic version. I’ve contacted those who indicated interest and haven’t played before, and I’m currently waiting for their responses. If I need extra players, I will draw on the long tail of people who playe dit last time and are keen to play again.

I’m interested. Let me know what more needs ot be done to sign up!

Jon

Email sent.

One Lady (viridian) and three Lords left. Note that one of the available Lords is easily recast as female (so they’re still a Lord, just a woman, like Lord Samenglov)

still interested

Am I in the mix?