The Dance and the Dawn: October 26, 2013

Yes; currently I’ve got you down as the Prince, with the option of switching to someone else.

If no one else wants to be the female Lord, I’ll step in :slight_smile:

Any update on this? I sent my responses back in terms of which characters I was interested in, and haven’t heard anything.

Jon

I’ve done provisional casting for those who have confirmed so far, but I’ve also had some dropouts (and a lot of non-responses from male potential players I have contacted - c’mon guys, afraid of a little dancing?). I’m still short one lady and three lords, however.

Current plan is to do another push for players this week, then if necessary start going through the long list of people who have played it before and expressed interest in playing it again.

Character sheets have been mailed out and new players recruited. We’re down to one vacancy: Lord Rymon.

What time is the game? I’m going to the matinee of Phantom that day and so will definitely be in the mood for dancing afterwards :smiley: Would be happy to cross-play as well.

19:30 - 23:30

Mel I can lend you a snazzy frock coat, waistcoat and a moustache :slight_smile:

If there ends up being a spot, I’d be very very interested, after talking to a couple of people about it this morning :smiley:

Edit: I’m also happy to cross play, if that’s the only option.

This game has been cancelled due to illness. Players and backups have bene notified, and we will reschedule in either September or November.

We’re now rescheduled for Saturday, October 26. Hopefully everyone’s still up for it so I won’t have to juggle the cast (difficult when people have seen character sheets)

I currently have --three-- two vacancies:

Lord Jael Samangelov (F) - aloof, brokenhearted
Lord Marius Armster (M) - learned, guilt-ridden
–Lord Shain Rymon (M) - unassuming, envious –

Lords will be required to dance, duel, and exhibit cruelty to please Her Majesty the Queen of Ice.

Currently we have a full slate of Ladies of Ash, but it would be useful to have backup in case someone gets sick.

If you are interested, please email or PM me.

I’d love to be a back up Lady if I could

I had to pull out for the original date due to time conflict so I don’t think I’m on the list anymore

[quote=“BlackDahlia”]I’d love to be a back up Lady if I could

I had to pull out for the original date due to time conflict so I don’t think I’m on the list anymore[/quote]

Noted.

For the record, here’s the playlist:

01 Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube (2001)
02 Prokofiev - Cinderella Waltz
03 Fritz Kreisler - Schön Rosmarin
04 Tchaikovsky - Waltz of the Flowers
05 Johann Strauss II - Kaiserwalzer Op.437
06 Eugen Doga - Gramofon
07 Joseph Lanner - Krönungswalzer Op.133
08 Aram Khachaturian - Masquerade Waltz
09 Johann Strauss I - Lorelei Rhein Klänge, Op. 154
10 Shostakovich - Waltz 2 from Jazz Suite
11 Émile Waldteufel - Les Patineurs (The Skaters Waltz) Op.183
12 Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky - Sleeping Beauty Waltz
13 Johann Strauss II - Wien Blut Op.354
14 Carl Michael Ziehrer - Hereinspaziert (Part II)
15 Joseph Lanner - Die Romantiker Op.167 (short)
16 Josef Strauss - Delerium Waltz Op.212 pt II
17 Fritz Kreisler - Liebesfreund
18 Johann Strauss II - Mephistos Höllenrufe Op.101
19 Émile Waldteufel - Estudiantina
20 Pyotr Tchaikovsky - Swan Lake Waltz
21 Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube (End titles)

That’s 74 minutes of music. There will be a 3.5 minute gap between each piece for public conversation, resolution of ash tokens, and duelling. Allowing for introduction and ending, we should run roughly to time; if things slip too far, we’ll cut tracks 19 and/or 18. Dawn will arrive after the second rendition of The Blue Danube and associated rules resolutions.