Thank you from the flagship

Hey Guys

I just wanted to say a big thank you to a bunch of people around the flagship.

First to the other writers, Chris, Dave, Clare, Rowena and Vanya, I know how many hours work it took, and the fact that at one point or another everyone had writers blocks, personal life intrude, and even disagreements, but you all did amazing work and got through it. This is also a thank you to their partners and friends who lost contact with them for periods when we had to get stuff done.

A huge thank you to Anna Northey, Scott Marks and Derek for the set dressing, people may or may not know, but it takes a tremendous amount of effort to set dress for a flagship, especially with limited time and these guys did 2, which I don’t think has ever been done before. Not being in Auckland I felt guilty that I wasn’t doing my fair share here and I really appreciated knowing it was all being dealt with so well. I know they didn’t do it alone and would also like to thank Jordan, Saskia, Jack, Callum, Genevieve, Hannah, Linda, Jackie, Porl and all the rest of you, who either went to the workshops or were there on the day setting up. Both of those games looked amazing and each had their own feel.

For those that gave us gear for the Flagship, thank you. Kirsten, Michelle, Bryn, Blair, and especially Tigger. Tigger who is trying to run his own game, and play in 5 others, while making sure that every other game got all the props they needed. The NZLARPS gear library is a huge resource for us GMs, and one way to show appreciation is to do things like go along gear reorg days or the days to help make and repair gear.

To Ant Vaughan, who sets up and takes the photos of you all in those incredible costumes. And having seen some of the photos (straight off the camera), you guys are going to look great. So support him and buy some of the photos. He was there for the entire weekend for us, and unlike most of us, he actually had to walk around all of the games every round.

To Anna, for taking us on for the project, giving us the funding to allow us to present the game we wanted, and having faith in us to deliver on time.

And finally to all of you guys, all the players. You all put so much effort in, from amazing costumes (hired and made), bringing your own props and set dressing (Blue Caterpillar’s mushroom in the Black game was totally player supplied), and the energy in the game. It was really interesting seeing 2 of every character and seeing which way you took your characters, though would have loved to have cloned myself, to be able to watch the White game as well. From the experienced old hands through to the new players, you all blew me away and made the experience worth it in the end.

I wish all the best to next years team and I look forward to playing in the next one :slight_smile:

Sorry one more thing.

We are looking to publish this game onto the web so others can run this game if they want too. So I am looking for some feedback on it, things that weren’t quite right, little improvements you can see. There are a few spelling mistakes I have already picked up on, so it’s the bigger things than that usually, broken relationships, wrong bits of knowledge, etc. Some of you have already spoken to me, so I have noted that down.

BUT please don’t just post it here, there is talk of running the game in Wellington in a few years, so if you have feedback on specific bits can you please send me a PM, or email happy.ever.after.larp@gmail.com

Good idea re: publishing it :slight_smile:

Can you (if you haven’t already) open up the LarpWriter files so we can see 'em all, like they did for Jaguar Gods?

You folks ran a truly AMAZING game. The fact that you ran it in two different streams was just unbelievable! Catching up with my counterpart and watching others do the same was almost surreal and really gave me things to think about.

None of you (GM’s, set builders/designers, cast and crew) can be thanked as much as you deserve. Tight ship guys and an absolute delight to be involved in. :slight_smile:

~ Robbo

Scott and the team - that you for running such an AWESOME game :smiley:

I’d love to hear from Wonderland Characters about your adventure in the game. I’m new to writing characters (2 flagships in 1 year, I’m retarded!!) SO any feedback on your characters would be wonderful, also, what you did in Game Black, cause I couldn’t see both games, the White game was interesting, how a character can be so close to a great ending, just to have it snatched away by a different group of players, was MIND BLOWING!

Wow. Having two streams was a good idea. My white opposite for the Big Bad Wolf was totally different to my black Big Bad Wolf. Remember that I still have the Backdrops that can be painted on the back for next years flagship. If the lighting for 2013 is the same, I will highlight it to be better seen than it was on the day. Still buzzing about all the games I played in. A big Kia Ora Koutou to you guys! 8)