Thank you Anna

didn’t get to tell you in the cad but i had such an amazing time, epic effort, epic games. fun times.

great to see the old faces, makes me a little sad realizing how well we know each other but only hang out at the brief moments,

and awesome to see new people too, many who are very very good at LARPing.

Totally this. Thank you Anna!

What they said :slight_smile:

Thanks Anna!

Agreed, thanks so much Anna!

Yes, definitely a big thanks to Anna and the Chimera team :slight_smile:

Another Successful Chimera! A lot of people have helped make this such an amazing convention, especially you Anna!

I would also like to say a big thank you to the legend of organization that is Anna, and also her wonderful pillar of support that is Tigger. It’s fantastic to only have to worry about flights and shuttles and pick up times and bag allowances and then get to Auckland and have the privilege of being able to hang out and play with your friends all weekend, rather than, you know, organizing an entire convention closing on 200 people and being drowned in paperwork. Anna and Tigger - I salute you both and am incredibly grateful for all the work you’ve put in and continue to put in every year to make this event what it is, and to even make it happen in the first place.

Alongside Anna and Tigger, I know there are so many people to thank for Chimera for so many reasons on so many levels. Forgive me if I repeat thanks I’ve already given in person, or miss out anyone who should be applauded. To all those who’ve helped with Chimera in any capacity: my deepest and most sincere thanks for a job very very well done. Thank you to the organizers, all of them. Thank you to everyone from the event planners to the flagship writers, the GMs and general game writers, the red hat wearers, the IT helpers and website contributors, the envelope organizers and name-tag people, the chef and cooks and servers-up, the dish washers, the band aid barers, the printing people, the desk dwellers and sellers of V and coffee and the topper-uppers of toilet paper, all of whom sacrificed their time for dedicated service to the team and to us all. Thank you to all those who volunteered for tasks for whatever they may be. Thank you to those who completed the invisible and thankless jobs that made everything run so smoothly, not because there was nothing to it but because much work made it so. Thank you to everyone for helping clean, for helping re-pin, pack, and generally being kind, considerate and incredibly supportive of everyone on site which lead to an incredible atmosphere of fun as well as friendship all weekend.

Thank you to all the Aucklanders and long-serving role players for being so supportive of newcomers. As this is my second Chimera now I feel almost like a seasoned practitioner, but you all make it so from your acceptance, kind words, and welcoming attitudes.

Thanks to everyone who put in such incredible efforts with set dressing and costuming to transform fluro-lit halls into enchanted lands, woods, quasi-French boarding houses, and Western saloons just with your well-attired presence and well placed wagon wheels. Thank you to all those who brought and lent extra props and costume pieces and shared the love around to those who had less. Your generosity is inspiring and I love you all.

Thank you to everyone I got to play alongside for giving such amazing performances to play with and react from. Thank you for providing such incredible situations to enjoy, be it in a fun or fearful capacity. Thank you to all those who created creative characters to have fun with in the first place and thank you to all those who allowed me to play in your games.

Thank you to my wonderful Wellington roommates and to our growing Wellington contingent whom I love dearly. Thank you to the brilliant Bryn for helping push out the costume envelope and giving us all something to aim for. Thank you to my amazing Anthony for getting me to Chimera in the first place, for getting everything into my bag in the first place, and everything back in from a position of generally all over the room. Thank you for inviting me to share Chimera with you, for introducing me to your incredible role playing society of amazing friends and awe-inspiring people. I know I’ve said it before, but LARPers, you are an amazing group of people. Thank you for accepting me into your group with open arms and warm smiles. Last year was my first Chimera and like last year, from what I’ve heard from all the first timers this year, new friends were made swiftly and all you had to do was speak to someone to be met with a friendly smile and a welcoming greeting from a very accepting group. You truly are a warm and welcoming group of people and I thank you all for that, for your energy and efforts, and for being your wonderful selves, for taking me into your group, and all the newcomers who’ve come after me. LARPers, I salute you.

As always, there are so many names to name and thank. I know I would leave someone off accidentally so please forgive me for speaking generally. At the same time, please accept my biggest thanks to everyone who helped make Chimera 2012 happen and make it the wonder that it was. I thank you all and I hope you take the opportunity to reward yourself, put your feet up, and rest in the knowledge that you done a sensational job. Please also accept my deepest thanks to everyone in NZ’s role playing community for your generous and welcoming attitudes.

Thanks, buckets of thanks, increasingly large buckets of thanks…and then some.

Hannah - I love you all -McKie

And I’ve already left off an incredibly important department! Thank you to Ant Vaughan for all his service and dedication all weekend with photography. The man is a genius. Thank you to others for taking snaps during the weekend and a huge thanks to Ant for bringing his gear and his talents and his amazingly generous attitude to capturing everything on camera for Chimera 2012. We love you Ant!

I am completely wrecked and feeling particularly inarticulate at the moment, but I’d like to echo Hanna’s thanks.

If I’m this wrecked after Chimera, I cannot imagine how people who actually ran the event are still moving. I hope you managed to book some leave so you can have a lie down.

“I second this motion”… um, hold on, wrong thread.

Fourth Chimera, and had a great time as always. Thanks, Anna!

(And now to start thinking about my game for next year)

Thanks Anna & Co for a fun weekend! :smiley:

A huge thanks to not just Anna, but every single person at Chimera this year. Whether you were playing, running a game, cooking, organising logistics, helping the new players, set dressing, transporting gear, cleaning, tidying, guarding, healing… I could keep going on and on and I just know I would miss several groups out.

This weekend has been one of the most incredible ones this year and I want to thank everybody involved. I met so many wonderful new people this time around and I can’t wait to see each and every one of you again.

[quote=“Derek”]I am completely wrecked and feeling particularly inarticulate at the moment, but I’d like to echo Hanna’s thanks.

If I’m this wrecked after Chimera, I cannot imagine how people who actually ran the event are still moving. I hope you managed to book some leave so you can have a lie down.[/quote]

What everyone is saying, very much echoing what Hannah said and Derek said. I am wrecked, I have little voice and my cold has come back and bit me solidly in the arse!

All the thanks here need to be seconded and I have posted more on FB. I only ran a single event myself but I know others ran up to 4… (Vanya)… you crazy crazy nutbars.

What a fantastic weekend, thank you all.

(And also I already have the premise and title for my 2013 Chimera larp…)

Also, I’d like to thank Lisa and the other first-aiders for looking out for us.

And Ant the Photo-Ninja and John Fouhy the Innocent Bystander for taking the time and care to get an injured player home. You rock.

Said injured player would also like to say thanks, everyone who came rushing to my aid and looked after me you guys are awesome. rest assured i do not have concussion, just a soft tissue bruise, some light grazing and a thick skull :wink:

Can’t be said enough.

Thank you Anna, thank you Tigger, thank you too all the helpers, organisers, GM’s, assistants, to Kim and her crew (even Wong who sucks at coffee and wouldn’t cook me eggs :stuck_out_tongue: ). You amazing people make our games, our food and our lives so much better just by being who you are. :slight_smile:

Big thank you to Anna and the Chimera team, this was my first ever Chimera and it was a blast! The people, the games, the atmosphere, it was all so much fun

Big thanks to everyone that made this years chimera a success. Especially Anna, Tigger, Steph and the Chimera team. All the player who played in my games, so i actually had stuff to do, all the people who gate crashed one of my game, and the fun i had in playing in two larps at the same time. The GM’s who wrote the games. The decorators, the lenders of gear, the make-up helpers, the “here let me help you” people. The chef and her assistants, motu moana for the venue and everyone of my friends for being there! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Actually, something else I wanted to say, and this seems as appropriate place as anywhere, since I’m wanting to thank my GMs, is that after casting but before the convention, in the email communications, I really got the feeling that I wasn’t just some random name on a list to my GMs, but someone they were truly interested in as a player in their game - even with the GMs I had never met before. That was really nice.

I’d also like to add my thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of Chimera