Tatoo Pens

These look awesome, perfect for larp:

fantasmagoria.eu/permanent-tattoo-pen

Very cool. And I particularly like that they use ta moko as the tatoo model.

I have one of these pens. From memory they were nice to draw with and gave a good deep black, but rubbed off too easily. I’ll dig it out and see if I’m just being too harsh.

I’m looking for something like this to apply Malcolm’s black veins at Crucible. My existing pen is a double-ended KD 151 Tribal Ink one (can’t remember the name of the website I bought from) and is alright but also comes off way too easily as soon as I start sweating, despite promising to require alcohol to remove. (For the weekend game, I basically resorted to a Sharpie since that at least stayed on in the wet)

I’m trying to get hold of spray cans of tattoo ink and I have got ink that can be applied with an airbrush. They’d need to be applied with a stencil, rather than free hand. The bottled airbrush ink is good. I had a shower and washed the tattoo (on my arm) down with soap and had no noticeable wear-off after 24 hours.

But to be honest, very little, even the best inks, will hold up to sweating, skin oils or friction from rubbing against costumes. After all, the first two are being produced from underneath the fake tattoo. Oil is used to remove alcohol based inks, so the head and face will never be as stable as arms or legs where there’s fewer oil and sweat glands. They will certainly all last better than water based paints though.

Sure, I know that touchups are going to be a fact of life playing Malcolm :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m very interested in trying that ink on my arms and hands at least, and probably my head as well, particularly as it sounds easier to deliberately get off than Sharpie ink.

LOL. Yeah. Permanent sharpie ink must’ve been a joy to remove :frowning:

pm sent