St. Wolfgang's Vampire Hunters!

Actually it’s possible I’m the person facing the wrong way on the phone going “WHAT? Hang on, I can’t hear a damn thing you’re saying! Let me call you b…”

bring it on, i’ve sharpened my teeth! :smiling_imp:

why do i get the feeling this is actually about vegetarinism versus non vegetarianism, or maybe vegetarinism versus cannibalism.

Tigger are you thinking Van Helsing, or Interview with a Vampire, or Buffy, or Bram Stoker, or maybe, Vampire Lesbians from Outer Space.

just curious

[size=59]Vampire Lesbians…Vampire Lesbians…Vampire Lesbians, come on tigger you know you want to [/size]

Tone of the game:
Comic book/pulp fun

Sort of Buffy meets medieval

The idea was to have some fun in a fantasy larp with basic good vs. evil with some over the top goings-on.
The system is almost complete and will be fairly simple. Combat will be very similar to Mordavia - no use reinventing the wheel.
Anna and i liked the idea of one or two winter games - there’s more night time then.
Note that with all the humour Buffy/Angel threw at the audience, it was highlighted with some real scares and drama. Think of Tara or Buffy’s mom.

I am expecting great things form this.

Keep me posted, I will be there, even if I have to come on a child drawn chariot.

R

[quote=“tigger”]Tone of the game:
Comic book/pulp fun

The idea was to have some fun in a fantasy larp with basic good vs. evil with some over the top goings-on.
The system is almost complete and will be fairly simple. Combat will be very similar to Mordavia - no use reinventing the wheel.
Anna and i liked the idea of one or two winter games - there’s more night time then.
Note that with all the humour Buffy/Angel threw at the audience, it was highlighted with some real scares and drama. Think of Tara or Buffy’s mom.[/quote]

That said there will be a large dose of ‘Hammer’ Horror…For those of you who remember what that was.
:smiling_imp:

[quote=“tigger”]
That said there will be a large dose of ‘Hammer’ Horror…For those of you who remember what that was.
:smiling_imp:[/quote]

So there is a chance for vampire lesbians then Yay!!! they are so much fun to watch

err…charming

I don’t quite think even I have the heart to ask for volunteers.
Except…maybee…

Scott, I think this could be one of your finest larping moments :laughing:

Hello again, gutter…

[quote=“Carl”]

So there is a chance for vampire lesbians then Yay!!! they are so much fun to watch[/quote]

So you and Walter are putting on another show?
:astonished:

Hee hee.

That aside, I think this sounds cool. :slight_smile: I’m in too.

Not unless the concept of lesbians has changed recently.

I brought up the idea of Vampire lesbians because one of the worst vampire flicks i have ever seen was about them, it was sooo bad it was enjoyable. And it was a Hammer Horror movie

Hammer Horror is responsible for some of the silliest vampire movies ever made, seriously worse than “Blackula” which set a new low for Blacxploisation Films, and horror.

But Tigger I can live without the vampire lesbians if you make the Vampires Powerful, please please make the vampires powerful, go Bram Stoker, and not Buffy, Vampires should not go down easy, and not just explode into a cloud of dust when they fall on a toothpick.

BTW Has anyone ever seen a Vampire flick called “Razor Blade Smile” no question the worst Vampire film I have ever seen.

The answer to easily killable vampires is just to get MORE VAMPIRES

All you have then is an army of Cannon fodder, change the stereotype, make a vampire that is actually hard to kill.

Personally, I think the powerful vampire stereotype is the more prevalent in mythology. I’ve always found the Buffy vampires to be a bit of an anomly.

[quote=“tigger”]Tone of the game:
Comic book/pulp fun

Note that with all the humour Buffy/Angel threw at the audience, it was highlighted with some real scares and drama. Think of Tara or Buffy’s mom.[/quote]

Ok possums lets stay on task - No to the lesbians, if you want that sort of entertainment please visit your local video store. (That said, if you happen to be a lesbian and want to NPC a vampire go right ahead, rest assured that your sexuality will not be a major plot point) Here endeth the discusion on lesbians.

Next - the strength of vampires. Wait and see. Don’t take anything for granted. I mean it possums! (Note - you heard that here first.)

Tone of the game - please see quote/earlier post.

my intentions are to provide a fun, good vs. evil game. I am using Buffy, Angel, Hammer Horror, Lost Boys, near Dark, Dracula, Dusk till Dawn etc as a basic starting point. Note that as a starting point, that does not mean i want to run a game with Los Angeles sensibilities in a medieval context. The game will still be set in the 13th Century or thereabouts. A medieval world dominated by the church. Think ‘name of the rose’ or perhaps ‘Robin of Sherwood’.
I do want to run an action packed event with plenty of scares. Why i mention buffy etc. is because i like the balance of humour, action and drama.

Finally, I want to have some fun. I want to share my fun with the larping world.

Does “good vs. evil” actually mean that will be pretty clear who is good and who is evil? So the characters can be made in that kind of context- if you are black then you are Nazgul-black, if you are white then you are Megilindir-white?

btw, Tigger, why do you use “possums” to address people? Just curious :unamused:

[quote=“Aiwe”]Does “good vs. evil” actually mean that will be pretty clear who is good and who is evil? So the characters can be made in that kind of context- if you are black then you are Nazgul-black, if you are white then you are Megilindir-white?

btw, Tigger, why do you use “possums” to address people? Just curious :unamused:[/quote]

same reason some english people use “ducks” or “poppets”, its a sort of term of endearment. sort of.

Didn’t Dame Edna Everage call people possums? I dunno about a term of endearment in a New Zealand context, though, a small fluffy animal that we’d dearly love to commit genocide on…

That makes me scared why he calls us like that.
And I wonder how he calles his students…
One of my school teachers used to call us “snakelings” :open_mouth:

I wanna be a vampire…

[quote=“Stephanie”]I wanna be a vampire…

:smiling_imp:[/quote]

I wanna be a militant nun :smiling_imp:
Should be acceptable in the context of 13th Century, I guess…
And I have a cross.