South Island AGM 2017: Committee Nominations Thread **Closed**

Nominations for South Island Branch Committee have now closed.

The nominations are as follows:

Regional Director: Matt Swain (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Secretary: Sally Hayes (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Treasurer: Edward Stutters (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Gear Officer: Jo East (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Marketing Officer: Stuart Stoddart (nominated, seconded, accepted)
General Officer: Jennifer Hay (nominated, seconded, accepted)

You should all have received your voting forms to the email you provided when you signed up for NZLARPs. If you have not received your voting information, please email me at southisland.secretary@nzlarps.org or post in the thread below. Please send in your completed voting form to southisland.nzlarps2017agm@gmail.com before 6 PM on October 11th, DO NOT email it to me.

The NZLARPs South Island branch is holding its AGM on October 11th 2017. More information is available here. Part of the business of the AGM is to elect a committee for the following year. This thread will collect the nominations for committee.

The deadline for nominations is October 4th 2017 to allow time for email voting. Information on electronic votes will be distributed via email 7 days before the AGM.

Every candidate for the committee must be proposed and seconded by different members (i.e. you can’t nominate someone and then second yourself), but the nominee themselves does not need to be a member at the time of nomination (but must be a member by the AGM - I will contact any non-member nominees with information on how to join). If you are unsure on your membership status, you can either email southisland.secretary@nzlarps.org or check it at http://nzlarps.org/. As a lot of memberships come due around AGM time, now is a good time to check!

Nominations can be made by posting in the thread below, or emailing southisland.secretary@nzlarps.org. Any emailed nominations will be posted here. All nominations will be collected in a comment that I will update as they come in.

There are seven (7) positions available:
Regional Director - Responsible for overall running of committee and society for the region. Promote the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee. Attend meetings as regional representative of the society. Co-ordinate with other regional directors and Society President to ensure cooperation across the country in advancing the aims and visions of the society.

Secretary - Keep all club correspondence in an organized fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.

Treasurer - Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.

Gear Officer - Responsible for society-owned equipment. Organize for equipment to be stored, cleaned, repaired, and made available for project events. Keep records of where equipment is kept. Advise committee and project owners on what equipment is likely to be useful to current and future projects. Facilitate equipment workshops with project owners. Suggest equipment purchases. Report on state of equipment to committee.

Marketing Officer - Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining nzLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns.

General Officer (x 2) - Duties as needed to assist the Society. A good place to start (:

Each position must be held by a separate individual. If someone is elected to two positions, they must choose one, and the next highest-polling candidate (if any) fills the other.

3 Likes

May as well get the formalities kicked off:

I nominate:

• Sally Hayes for Secretary
  • Edward Stutters for Treasurer
  • Jo East for Gear Officer
  • Stuart Stoddart for Marketing Officer
  • Jennifer (Jen) Hay for General Officer

(For the unaware this is the current committee, in their current (interim) positions except for Jo who is stepping into the Gear Officer role for Amber Coste who is too busy next year to be on the committee, and me, who is currently interim president)

Matt Swain

1 Like

I second Edward Stutters for Treasurer, Jo East for Gear Officer, Stuart Stoddart for Marketing and Jennifer Hay for General Officer.

I nominate Matt Swain for Regional Director.

1 Like

Nominations so far. I’ll keep this post updated.

Regional Director: Matt Swain (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Secretary: Sally Hayes (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Treasurer: Edward Stutters (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Gear Officer: Jo East (nominated, seconded, accepted)
Marketing Officer: Stuart Stoddart (nominated, seconded, accepted)
General Officer: Jennifer Hay (nominated, seconded, accepted)

Edited 25 Sep 9:07 pm

1 Like

I second Matt Swain for Regional Director and Sally Hayes for Secretary.

I also accept my nomination for Marketing Officer.

4 Likes

I accept my nomination for Secretary

3 Likes

I also accept the nomination for President (thanks Sally & Stu :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

I accept my nomination for Gear Officer

3 Likes

I accept my nomination for General Officer.

2 Likes

I accept my nomination for Treasurer

1 Like