Small Rules Changes (16/10/12)

The Rules section of the website has been taken down to make maintaining the rules easier. The rules now exist only as a downloadable PDF. You can download the new rules from the usual place.

The changes to the rules are as follows;
[ul][li]Status effects previously lasted 5 minutes, but now last until the affected character counts to 60.[/li]
[li]Rage status now causes the affected character to attack the nearest other character (friend or foe).[/li]
[li]Fear status now causes everyone around the affected character to be perceived as very, very scary, to the point where the affected character must flee from them.[/li]
[li]The skill Primal Rage has been renamed Berserk to avoid confusion with the Rage status (which it causes in the user). The other change to the skill is that the user must call “Berserk” when they use said skill.[/li][/ul]

Please familiarise yourself with the rules before attending each session.

If you have any feedback regarding the rules, please let us know, either on this forum or via email to the usual address.

[quote=“Tetrajak”]
Fear status now causes everyone around the affected character to be perceived as very, very scary, to the point where the affected character must flee from them.[/quote]

i would like to see a fear rule where the person is so scared they faint or cannot move or are struck dumb for a period of time

[quote=“zanni”][quote=“Tetrajak”]
Fear status now causes everyone around the affected character to be perceived as very, very scary, to the point where the affected character must flee from them.[/quote]

i would like to see a fear rule where the person is so scared they faint or cannot move or are struck dumb for a period of time[/quote]

We feel that this fear suits 33AR the best, but those other effects you’ve listed are certainly not uncommon in other possible game mechanics. As for fainting, we have the Sap skill for that. You can get close to having someone unable to move if you use the Trip skill. We don’t have anything that reduces someones intelligence though. Interesting ideas though :smiley:

I think by “struck dumb” she means made unable to speak.

Now that is an interesting idea…