Set dressing

[quote=“grrrlshapedthing”][quote=“BlackDahlia”]I would happily make posters and stuff to just add to the atmosphere if you’d like?

These can be Militia propaganda, item advertisement, business advertisement.

So, any requests?

P.S Have a LARP-safe bonesaw that I would happily lend a surgeon or doctor character.[/quote]

I was going to ask to possibly borrow this for my warrior queen[/quote]

You’re more than welcome to borrow my saw :slight_smile:

I finally have a car! So I can bring a carload of stuff or two to the game. But pretty please make a date with me to come look at stuff and help me make a list, rather than messages like “please can you bring X” on the morning of the game :smiley:

Yes, for sure. I need to touch base with Scott, but I was hoping to come and have a look at the gear library at some point. I’ll email you.

[attachment=0]Voglemorn_Hall_floor_plan_-_set_dressing_for_WTI-2.png[/attachment]

Ok, here is the current floor plan. We have a little more room for spaces, but I’m keen to have some open stuff.

After the crew meeting I’ll put out a call for props!

Looks awesome!

Remember I am keen to do posters and whatever you want for this, so give me a yell if you want those done :slight_smile:

so is the hotel space being used for the brothel or what?

A brothel?!

Oh jeepers

[quote=“BlackDahlia”]A brothel?!

Oh jeepers[/quote]

it’s only 1 room that were supposed to be renting out

[quote=“daena”][quote=“BlackDahlia”]A brothel?!

Oh jeepers[/quote]

it’s only 1 room that were supposed to be renting out[/quote]

A number of people have mentioned wanting to have found a room, so there is a hotel. If you use your room to “entertain” then that’s fine.

Yeah. The thought now seems to be a regular old saloon like tavern. Bar on the ground floor, rooms above. So like a two story gig.

All guests stay upstairs, so hence going out the back I suppose.

Well the Bar could actually just be the front entrance, but I aint thinking it is too fancy a hotel. Not like multiple floors or anything. Good for maybe what? 10-15 rooms?

[quote=“Ants”]Yeah. The thought now seems to be a regular old saloon like tavern. Bar on the ground floor, rooms above. So like a two story gig.

All guests stay upstairs, so hence going out the back I suppose.

Well the Bar could actually just be the front entrance, but I aint thinking it is too fancy a hotel. Not like multiple floors or anything. Good for maybe what? 10-15 rooms?[/quote]

If you can work out a way to create 15 rooms on that stage then all power to you :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea how I’m actually going to set dress the hotel yet… so any ideas very welcome.

String or rope and material draped between them? Hey that may even be how the hotel is for the most part, an actual big common room with curtained off ‘rooms’. It would be just what to tie the rope off too.

Other option is to see if the screens we considered for Hydra have gone on sale at the Warehouse (Bryn and Norm know the ones I mean).

If you want to actually represent the hotel then yeah, but honestly it is an out the back area I reckon. Just somewhere for players to go to to represent they have gone to their rooms or for a naughty moment. Really it can be just one big space, curtained off if possible (Not sure if that stage has curtains)

Otherwise hotel lobby. Seats and what not

[quote=“BlackDahlia”]A brothel?!

Oh jeepers[/quote]

Traders come to Crosspire to trade. While they trade, they also want to have a drink and some company. Provided no-one causes any trouble, we don’t mind.

(Of course, if someone wants to start a public decency campaign and clean up Crosspire, that’s a story!)

[quote=“IdiotSavant”][quote=“BlackDahlia”]A brothel?!

Oh jeepers[/quote]

Traders come to Crosspire to trade. While they trade, they also want to have a drink and some company. Provided no-one causes any trouble, we don’t mind.

(Of course, if someone wants to start a public decency campaign and clean up Crosspire, that’s a story!)[/quote]

Not in my character’s interest to care about public decency haha. Would be amusing nonetheless to see a campaign against it

[quote=“Ants”]If you want to actually represent the hotel then yeah, but honestly it is an out the back area I reckon. Just somewhere for players to go to to represent they have gone to their rooms or for a naughty moment. Really it can be just one big space, curtained off if possible (Not sure if that stage has curtains)

Otherwise hotel lobby. Seats and what not[/quote]

Yeah I can’t remember either.

While most of the rooms are probably unimportant to represent I think it is pretty important to represent Cara’s rooms (filled to bring with incense and cushions). If the stage can be divided in two, Cara’s room and a room that is basically a representation of everyone’s room that would be good. That way people can go to their room to chat, slightly annoying if the space that is blank room is occupied but it probably won’t be too much.

With a couple of weeks to go, I just wanted to check what sort of generic dressing is being provided by the organisers, and what sort of stiff might we need to bring. Talking large scale stuff like tent/pagodas for the different rooms? Sheets to form walls etc? I haven’t been involved in Wellington larps before so insure where the cut off between set up and polishing is.
Cheers!

If any of you townies want some form of advertising for your business, merch or whatever, let me know. I can whip up some posters. I was thinking of making ones for drinks for the diner, on top of some propaganda

[quote=“Surrealfish”]With a couple of weeks to go, I just wanted to check what sort of generic dressing is being provided by the organisers, and what sort of stiff might we need to bring. Talking large scale stuff like tent/pagodas for the different rooms? Sheets to form walls etc? I haven’t been involved in Wellington larps before so insure where the cut off between set up and polishing is.
Cheers![/quote]

“what sort of stiff”??

So we’re going to add a dead body to the game before we get there? :slight_smile:

[quote=“Surrealfish”]With a couple of weeks to go, I just wanted to check what sort of generic dressing is being provided by the organisers, and what sort of stiff might we need to bring. Talking large scale stuff like tent/pagodas for the different rooms? Sheets to form walls etc? I haven’t been involved in Wellington larps before so insure where the cut off between set up and polishing is.
Cheers![/quote]

I’ll be blocking things out with gazebos and fabric and doing rough set dressing on all areas. If you want something to look a specific way or have a specific feel then your space is yours to do what you want with.