Set Dressing for Game 3

Hi guys,

So on Facebook and Diatribe there’s a bunch of people volunteering to set dressing cool in character areas for the next game.

Hopefully Team Gypsy will continue to help with the Taverna and infirmary of which there are cool ideas afoot for the evolution of these areas, so they’re hopefully under control…

My new character is going to be a full on surgeon and I have some ‘interesting’ ideas of building Steam Punk blood transfusion devices together with many other exciting new additions in the name of medicine.

Who’d like to take responsibility with the other areas?

I hear talk of an East India Trading Post,

A cool sounding Science Lab

There was mention of an engineering area too.

Anyone else keen to volunteer for other things, or to help with the new areas.

Thanks guys!

Bryn.

Love the idea Bryn!

Without trying to pull down the awesome hype of new areas, can people please remember that packing away said areas is also required on the Sunday afternoon.
After a couple of days of intense roleplaying, people can be super tired, but combined efforts of clearing up & packing cars/vans/trailers certainly makes things much easier for all.

[quote=“TazzyD”]Love the idea Bryn!

Without trying to pull down the awesome hype of new areas, can people please remember that packing away said areas is also required on the Sunday afternoon.
After a couple of days of intense roleplaying, people can be super tired, but combined efforts of clearing up & packing cars/vans/trailers certainly makes things much easier for all.[/quote]

This. Many hands make light work. Though it is hard sometimes to know what to do. If you find yourself I that position, ask and someone will point you at something.

On that note, thanks to all the kind volunteers who helped tidy the taverns each morning. :slight_smile:

Count me in for set-dressing the infirmiry again. I loved having it as my in-game space.

I totally volunteer to head up the laboratory setup!!!

Fantastic! Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I’m happy to do an East India Area, depending on what kind of space is available.

The GM’s are investigating the possibility of getting our hands on a large tent for the third session, although we make no guarantees about this as it is subject to cost and availability. Scott, the organiser of Hydra, is investigating the use of tents, and we shall base our decision on the money we have available and his experience. We will let you know whether a tent will be available for player use, but operate on the presumption that no such tent will be available until we say otherwise.

Could it be worth seeing if any players have a tent that could be used? I have a tent, though it may not be quite big enough…

I’m co-ordinating with the GM’s and when we know what spaces are available we can work out what works for everyone.

Maybe even look around at Hydra to work out logistics.

Perhaps depending on amount of people coming, one of the bunk rooms could be used… I’m happy for now to keep the telephone room as the laboratory…

I’m happy to help with East India area
The camp must have TEA!!

[quote=“shahanai”]I’m happy to help with East India area
The camp must have TEA!![/quote]

Perhaps silks, spices, incense, and other things too? I can offer a few sari’s that you can fold up or put on a cardboard roll

An alternative that’s been floated (as part of the whole raft of ideas we’re throwing around for merit) would be to have one of the kitchens that isn’t being used for actual food prep be the lab. Kitchens are vaguely lablike spaces and the stainless steel surfaces make for easy cleanup. We’ve got a decent bit of talking-over before we’re definite on anything though.

An alternative that’s been floated (as part of the whole raft of ideas we’re throwing around for merit) would be to have one of the kitchens that isn’t being used for actual food prep be the lab. Kitchens are vaguely lablike spaces and the stainless steel surfaces make for easy cleanup. We’ve got a decent bit of talking-over before we’re definite on anything though.[/quote]

That’s a great idea!

Enclosed spaces available to players is a subject for the next GM meeting… After Hydra, so give us a few weeks. Once we’ve done this, I will make a modified version of the Brookfield map I created and note the areas that will be available to all of you in order to set dress.

East India Company, sounds like something Fairfax can help with!

The mercenaries will have their usual spot, hopefully we can make it bigger so its more like a common area that our new employers- I mean friends can come and talk to us in private in (not to mention a good ol’ Viking campfire)

I am also keen to help give equipment to a science lab, and perhaps helping the infirmary to be better surgically equipped. I’m planning on making LARP-safe surgical equipment before next session.

[quote=“BlackDahlia”]The mercenaries will have their usual spot, hopefully we can make it bigger so its more like a common area that our new employers- I mean friends can come and talk to us in private in (not to mention a good ol’ Viking campfire)
[/quote]

You guys need one of these:

Agreed! I think we were looking to acquire something like that, or at least that looks like it