Rides to and from Chimera 2012

I figured I may as well start this thread now, while there’s still a modicum of time. I imagine that many people have sorted rides through other means, but some of us are still yet to handle that side of things :smiley:

I would appreciate a lift there if someone is heading over that way from the Shore in the evening (or I could probably do from the CBD after 5 at a pinch), but I can probably get myself there. I do need a lift back to the Shore at the end if it, if anyone is willing. I could ply you with sugar-free V, chocolate and petrol money :slight_smile:

I am after a ride from the CBD sometime after 4.30. As I’m part of the red hats, I’d like to arrive around 6pm if anyones heading there around then?

I am also in the CBD looking to arrive around 6-7ish (not fussed really). I’ll have one suitcase with me.

Blair, I can probably pick you up at 4.30pm in the city (am coming from HBC), and i can probably take a couple people home to the shore at close on sunday as long as not too far off the beaten track … email me at yahndarkwood@gmail.com

Excellent, Thank you

There is a crowd from uni meeting in the Alcove at 5pm to catch the bus out if anybody wishes to join us.

Sorted. Thanks Scotty :slight_smile:

I am filling in a role in the Flagship and while I can bus there, a ride back home would be handy. I’m in Kingsland and can offer petrol money, awesome company and squee.

I would love a ride out from the airport to Motu Moana - the issue is I don’t yet know when I’ll be arriving… I’m (HOPEFULLY!) flying on standby tomorrow. If I get into Auckland before 2 I have a ride with the Wellington crowd (thanks Bryn :slight_smile: ) and he thinks there may be another lot arriving at about 4; if so, who’s in that group and can I grab a ride with them? If I arrive after 4, what is the best/cheapest way to get to the venue?

Really sorry to be so wishy-washy about this, it’s pretty much my own damn fault. :frowning:

[quote=“Viperion”]I would love a ride out from the airport to Motu Moana - the issue is I don’t yet know when I’ll be arriving… I’m (HOPEFULLY!) flying on standby tomorrow. If I get into Auckland before 2 I have a ride with the Wellington crowd (thanks Bryn :slight_smile: ) and he thinks there may be another lot arriving at about 4; if so, who’s in that group and can I grab a ride with them? If I arrive after 4, what is the best/cheapest way to get to the venue?

Really sorry to be so wishy-washy about this, it’s pretty much my own damn fault. :frowning:[/quote]

Bus for you - $17.90 about 1 hr travel. Still cheaper than a taxi - http://www.maxx.co.nz/journey-planner.aspx?fromCoords=&fromLoc=Auckland+Airport%7E%7E%5B2669036%3A6464836%5D%7E%7EPOINT&fromStreet=Auckland+Airport&toCoords=&toLoc=Connaught+Street%2C+Green+Bay%7E%7E%5B2660855%3A6473450%5D%7E%7EPOINT&toStreet=Connaught+Street%2C+Green+Bay&hh=04&mm=00&ampm=PM&isAfter=A&date=24-08-2012

That takes you to town then to Connaught st (Where the camp is) Someone may be able to offer you a ride from town perhaps?

Cool thanks Blair :slight_smile:

[quote=“Viperion”]I would love a ride out from the airport to Motu Moana - the issue is I don’t yet know when I’ll be arriving… I’m (HOPEFULLY!) flying on standby tomorrow. If I get into Auckland before 2 I have a ride with the Wellington crowd (thanks Bryn :slight_smile: ) and he thinks there may be another lot arriving at about 4; if so, who’s in that group and can I grab a ride with them? If I arrive after 4, what is the best/cheapest way to get to the venue?

Really sorry to be so wishy-washy about this, it’s pretty much my own damn fault. :frowning:[/quote]
Yes, there is a group of us scheduled to arrive at 4, and we’re planning to share a shuttle. It’ll probably be more than $18, but it’s a lot faster than bussing into town and then back out again (in Friday traffic!) I’ll PM you my phone number separately so you can let us know what your arrival time is. :slight_smile:

At this point, price does not bother me :confused:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Would I be able to get a lift from New Lynn station at 5pm and one back there after Chimera?

I can do this, I’ll PM you.