Rerunning Robin Hood and the Golden Arrow

So after its success at Chimera 2013 (it won best original game), I would like to rerun my one-off Robin Hood and the Golden Arrow sometime this year before the lovely summer weather goes completely. I know that the next few months are a bit crazy larp wise, but I am looking at the last weekend of March (29th or 30th) as a possible date. It would be run Western Springs park on the Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but before I confirm officially running it I wanted to gauge interest.

Here’s the game blurb:

“Hear ye, hear ye! In honour of a royal visit from his highness Prince John, the Sherriff of Nottingham ‘as announced an archery contest where any citizen, high or low, may try his luck to win the prize of a golden arrow!”

England, 1190. King Richard has gone off to crusade in the holy land, leaving his lands in the hands of his younger brother, Prince John, an evil tyrant. The land is a dangerous place, the towns ruled by the likes of the loathsome Sheriff of Nottingham, the forests crawl with bandits. It’s risky to leave your homes at all, but the chance at winning the golden arrow is too good to pass up (and an opportunity to rub elbows with royalty wouldn’t go amiss).

Rumour has it the infamous outlaw Robin Hood might be crashing the party too. Come and join in the festivities, they’re bound to be a lark (if you like espionage, kidnapping, true love, cross-dressing, the occasional assassination and such shennagins).

It is run like a theatreform game, however the combat is live using larpsafe weapons, and the game centres around an actually archery contest (bow and arrows provided). Costume is Medievalesque (dark-ages for the more historically inclined)

The cost would be minimal, just enough to cover some refreshments and props.

Anyone interested?

EDIT:
Ok its official I will be running the game on the Saturday 29th of March, 1pm at Western Springs, details to follow about exactly where in the park.

I’m running it as a fundraiser for NZLARPS so the cost will be $10 per person, some drinks will provided.

If you want to play please fill out this form:

docs.google.com/forms/d/1zmwY9- … I/viewform

First in first served. Something to keep in mind is that the gender ratio is 8 females and 11 males, although I am willing to allow cross dressing/changing gender if I can’t get enough of either.

Please email me at prema.cottingham@gmail.com

EDIT 2.0

Due to popularity I am running a second session in the morning from 10 - 1pm, details above still stand.

Just like to add that I played in this game and it was incredibly fantastic, by far my favourite game in a long time. I highly recommend that people play it.

Totally there!

If you do not play this excellent game, I will cut your heart out with a spoon and call off Christmas (no, not really).

Me me me me.

Yes please :slight_smile:

If you do not play this excellent game, I will cut your heart out with a spoon and call off Christmas (no, not really).[/quote]

I so very wish I could play it again! Really really really! Loved every minute of it!

I’m interested - that’s always been one of my favorite Robin Hood stories, it’s so ballsy.

I’m keen. I probably have something on Sunday 30th, so would prefer Saturday.

Its looking like I will be running it on the Saturday anyway, as Walter is free to help me then. I’m just putting together a few things then will post the official event details.

Ok its official I will be running the game on the Saturday 29th of March, 1pm at Western Springs, details to follow about exactly where in the park.

I’m running it as a fundraiser for NZLARPS so the cost will be $10 per person, some drinks will provided.

If you want to play please fill out this form:

First in first served. Something to keep in mind is that the gender ratio is 8 females and 11 males, although I am willing to allow cross dressing/changing gender if I can’t get enough of either.

Please email me at prema.cottingham@gmail.com

I thorougly endorse this game as being a bargain at $10. It has to be one of my all-time favourite Chimera games. Heck, it would have to be one of my all-time favourite one-off LARPs that I’ve ever played in.

I forgot to add email contact to the form (have now done so), but if you had already filled out the form please email me on prema.cottingham@gmail.com so that I’ve got your contact.

So after the big flurry of sign ups, all the female spots are taken with 6 more male spots to fill. Wow you guys are quick!

Any women who did miss out still get in touch because with this being over 2 months away there is still a chance that someone might pull out, and if I do get enough interest I might even look at running 2 games :slight_smile:

Exciting stuff!

Just bumping this up again, would love to get a few more men, especially if you have archery experience. It sign up just fill out this form:

I have now emailed out characters to all the players so you can start costuming… there’s also still on male spot left, so get in quick!

Woops I was accidentally logged into walter’s account, but that was me in the post above.

So we are running a morning session that still has plenty of space so I thought I would bump this again, for those wanting to coma along as a cure for their larpover from Crucible :slight_smile:

If your short for players for morning run let me know, I have played before but it was a good game

Thank you for running this Prema (and Walter)! It was a great fun game, I had a great time with everyone :slight_smile: