Red Hat Brigade

Apologies if I’m beginning this discussion a little early.

I really enjoyed being a member of the Red Hat Brigade, the group of ‘old hats’ (pun intended) who made the new folks feel welcome. We talked to people, welcomed them, found them GMs for their initial games, buddied them up with fellow players in new games, and so on…

I remember meeting Luisa in this exact manner.

My question: Are we doing this again? I am keen, and even to the point of actually heading up said team myself, since our esteemed leader from last year, Stephanie, is busy organising grander things!

Yes, and congratulations, you’ve been appointed. I’ll be in touch on the weekend to discuss :slight_smile:

Edited to add: Belay that, I will speak with Stephanie first :blush: I assumed she didn’t want to do this after taking on the GM Liaison role, but I will confirm that with her before trampling ahead and appointing someone else :blush: If Steph is still keen to head up the team, I’m sure she will appreciate any enthusiastic assistance :slight_smile:

Nope, I’m all good with Rob stepping up to run this. :slight_smile:

A couple of things I did think of after the last Chimera -
Could we get a large bottle of hand disinfectant gel and stick it up by the serving area in the dining room? There were so many people who got the same awful flu, it’d maybe help a little in cutting down on cross-infections.
Maybe ask members of the brigade who are willing to take responsibility for an area of camp logistics and cleaning. Not necessarily doing something themselves, but keeping an eye on it and rounding up helpers to deal with something early - like getting helpers for the cook, or making sure the toilets have got enough rolls of paper, or that the rubbish bins are getting emptied regularly. There were people volunteering to do these things last year (you guys rock), but maybe spread the load around a bit?

I’m happy to help with this if you want another :slight_smile:

That’s a brilliant idea. Those alcohol-based hand sanitisers have proven massively effective at cutting down the spread of bugs in hospitals. They’re no hassle, you don’t need water because the rub evaporates in your hands.

So totally ready to help. I funnily enough know exactly how they feel. With anything

That’s a brilliant idea. Those alcohol-based hand sanitisers have proven massively effective at cutting down the spread of bugs in hospitals. They’re no hassle, you don’t need water because the rub evaporates in your hands.[/quote]

An excellent idea! 8)

Hi guys - the Red Hat Brigade is now set up, and I’ve added Robza, Blair and Luisa to it. If anyone else wants to be a helpful Red Hat Brigade member, pipe up and we’ll add you.

Being a Red Hat Brigade member means:

• Actively chatting to new people or people looking lonely/lost
  • Learning basic information about the event to be able to answer people’s queries
  • Possibly keeping an eye on one aspect of Chimera duties, not necessarily doing them, but helping round up people to make sure the venue stays clean and tidy, there’s enough loo paper etc.

It’s a great way to lend a hand and make people feel welcome :slight_smile:

Happy to help out :slight_smile:

Not 100% when I’d be turning up but I’d be happy to put my hand up to help with this…

I would like to sign up for this.

Ditto

Happy to help, but not on Friday night where I will be attempting not to have a psychotic incedent (Ha ha). :mrgreen:

Added everyone to the secret Red Hat forum :smiley:

One final call for anyone who was willing to become one of the Red Hat Brigade this Chimera!

if you need more, toss me on the list, only there from 12pm ish till end of flagship on the saturday night. but happy to help.

I think with 9 we have a decent Squadron, but I’ll keep an eye out for you, thanks Chris.

All good, no pressure, I’ll be hanging around the courtyard answering HEA questions

I’ve got one for you: “Who killed Oberon?”

:wink:

[quote=“Viperion”]I’ve got one for you: “Who killed Oberon?”

:wink:[/quote]

He died of a heart attack while sleeping with the 7 Dwarves… :unamused:

For those that don’t recognise it, this is sarcasm and in no way exposes any of the plot!