Potential Character - Brain storm pit

[quote=“Scott”]Sorry guys, could run through all the posts again, but I am lazy (and a bit busy).

Who were playing Savages or had a Savage background? Apart from Brooklynne, and that’s nothing against you, just not sure we are likely from the same tribe, though may know each other.[/quote]

KateB is as well. Her tribe are kind of a group of lost boy types living in an old theme park by the sea. Mostly made up of feral type kids.

Okay likely to be 3 different tribes then at this stage :slight_smile:

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“Scott”]Sorry guys, could run through all the posts again, but I am lazy (and a bit busy).

Who were playing Savages or had a Savage background? Apart from Brooklynne, and that’s nothing against you, just not sure we are likely from the same tribe, though may know each other.[/quote]

KateB is as well. Her tribe are kind of a group of lost boy types living in an old theme park by the sea. Mostly made up of feral type kids.[/quote]

Ha, just reading this and ‘cry little sister’ comes on, freaky.

Quick question. Who’s playing the townies? I had a quick look at the past posts and wondering if I missing anyone.

I am. We should all get together and chat about how the town works at some point.

So far the townies are being played by:

• Ellen
  • Idiot
  • Bex Harris
  • Nick Adams

I’m keen for more people to play Townies, but will fill the ranks as needed by crew.

• Ellen
  • Idiot
  • Bex Harris
  • Nick Adams

I’m keen for more people to play Townies, but will fill the ranks as needed by crew.[/quote]

potentially me

• Ellen
  • Idiot
  • Bex Harris
  • Nick Adams

I’m keen for more people to play Townies, but will fill the ranks as needed by crew.[/quote]

If you had the time, Soph, it would be cool to get a preliminary list of which people are playing which groups, so long as the players are ok with that. I certainly don’t mind if people know I’ll be a Wanderer, for example.

• Ellen
  • Idiot
  • Bex Harris
  • Nick Adams

potentially me[/quote]

Gah! Of course. Sorry Daena.

Yeah, I’d be keen to know who else is from an Arc (obviously I don’t mind people knowing that my character’s from one).

My character is an older wandering gunsmith. He travels around a pretty wide area and can build brand new, custom work (for high prices).

I’m imagining him being like the 19thc wandering shoemakers and suchlike in the american west - travelling from community to community, staying in each place for a few months doing commissions, then moving on.

I’d be keen on developing connections with any potential past customers, people I might be on the way to do work for and fellow wanderers.

Fraser, I can see that we might have crossed paths a bunch? Maybe I have used Jenni to transport bulky tools/materials?

[quote=“dagger”]My character is an older wandering gunsmith.

I’d be keen on developing connections with any potential past customers, people I might be on the way to do work for and fellow wanderers.

[/quote]

It’s possible he may have done work for my tribe, the Candymen. We have a couple of “big guns” (possibly some sort of cannon or bazooka) to defend our playground, so he may have helped us with that, or maybe even taught a couple of the tribe (not me) either how to make ammunition or at least maintain and stop them rusting up. Either than or he has them as a semi-regular customer, for maintenance/restocks?

This is assuming he would have been willing to do it for traded stuff or candy, rather than chips…

I’ve written a fairly large chunk of my girl now and I can say for sure that she’s on the run from the Arc she was in, and by extension, is also on the run from… some family issues.

I’m thinking she arrives at Crosspire a couple of days before the first session and was wandering America for 3-4 months before that.

[quote=“KateB”][quote=“dagger”]My character is an older wandering gunsmith.

[/quote]

It’s possible he may have done work for my tribe, the Candymen. We have a couple of “big guns” (possibly some sort of cannon or bazooka) to defend our playground, so he may have helped us with that, or maybe even taught a couple of the tribe (not me) either how to make ammunition or at least maintain and stop them rusting up. Either than or he has them as a semi-regular customer, for maintenance/restocks?

This is assuming he would have been willing to do it for traded stuff or candy, rather than chips…[/quote]

That works. I imagine there will be a lot of work for board/trade, particularly if there is good salvage to be had, not just cash.

[quote=“dagger”][quote=“KateB”][quote=“dagger”]My character is an older wandering gunsmith.

[/quote]

It’s possible he may have done work for my tribe, the Candymen…[/quote]

That works. I imagine there will be a lot of work for board/trade, particularly if there is good salvage to be had, not just cash.[/quote]

Yeah, that’s what we (the tribe) tend to do. When I was first thinking about the character factions, the word “savages” automatically translated to “salvagers” in my brain. Thus, I think the Candymen are natural scavengers, with a kind of “I’m not sure what this does, but it might come in handy,” mentality. I get the feeling they see their lair as a kind of combination giant playground/scrapyard/workshop, and they’re probably known by the townies and local militia (and any regular/semi-regular wanderers) as a useful group/place to visit to look for random things people might want or need. You never know exactly what they’ll have at any one time (apart from candy, and that’s for something really useful), but it’s almost always guaranteed there’ll be something interesting.

I’m thinking the Candymen live two or three days’ away from Crosspire.

I suspect the militia don’t see them as much of a threat, so they tend to leave them alone to do their thing (although they probably still expect protection money, which they have come to some arrangement about), but they probably also know that the Candymen are more than willing to put up a good fight if their home is threatened.

Yep, as long as your gun smith paid, Drake would have done transport runs for him :slight_smile:

Oh, definitely. My character is more of a general tinker, but he’s also really knowledgeable about the region. Could potentially have travelled with you at various points?

I suspect he’ll be familiar with the Candymen then. Of course, if he’s a grumpy old man, they probably irritate the hell out of him (but, y’know, in a friendly way…)

Oh, definitely. My character is more of a general tinker, but he’s also really knowledgeable about the region. Could potentially have travelled with you at various points?[/quote]

Yeah, that works. I suspect 2 older guys both on the road would travel together for protection. If we’re both technical, we could work together on stuff - perhaps Solomon hires you when he has a big build/maintenance job? Solomon probably looks for a lot of salvage - far easier to recycle than makenew, partiulalry for high end metalurgy, so possibly if you find stuff in your wanderings, that involves trade/adventres with Solomon? Just some thoughts.

Oh, definitely. My character is more of a general tinker, but he’s also really knowledgeable about the region. Could potentially have travelled with you at various points?[/quote]

Yeah, that works. I suspect 2 older guys both on the road would travel together for protection. If we’re both technical, we could work together on stuff - perhaps Solomon hires you when he has a big build/maintenance job? Solomon probably looks for a lot of salvage - far easier to recycle than makenew, partiulalry for high end metalurgy, so possibly if you find stuff in your wanderings, that involves trade/adventres with Solomon? Just some thoughts.[/quote]
Sounds perfect.