Post-Chimera Larping Fix

Hello, it’s your friendly Red Hat here, wanting to let you know about the next place you can get your larping fix! I’ve compiled a list of what’s going on, and here it is for you to read and get involved in:

Teonn: Broken Pathways. September 16th

A boffer-combat larp, held on an afternoon at the Auckland Domain. It’s set in the world of Teonn, a regular campaign game.
Being involved is easy - email Muppet at teonnnz@gmail.com.

Playing For Keeps - October 6th

A political and social roleplay-focused larp - held in an evening at the Heratige Hotel. It’s set in the world of the Phoenix Rising Campaign game, a Vampire the Masquerade game.
Being involved is simple - email Kirsten at jadikel@hotmail.com

Other
If you are super keen, there are a few campaign larps that are running that would like more players. I’d need to double check with most of the GMs for those games, but one specific one is still looking for interested people: So Click Here if Interested

I apologise for not knowing the next fix for centres other than Auckland, however.

Also, if you just want to put on a costume and get into an epic battle, I think they’re still looking for people to be extras in this video shoot (copied from the official blurb):

Extras and Re-enactor’s for Music Video

Calling for extras ages between 20-55 for a music video shoot on 2nd September (Sunday). You’ll be part of an Epic battle between 2 kingdoms at a VERY cool location!

You will need to bring your own costume/wardrobe for the day. The theme is anything medieval. Think Vikings, Romans, Gladiators etc. Any props that you may have is also welcomed.

Please email your name, contact number and a photo of you in your costume and any props you may have to info@stake.co.nz

Come spend a day with us at this awesome location. Your meals will be taken care of by our favourite caterer on the day.

Location is at Penrose, Auckland

For Wellington:

Time Warp. September 8
A Rocky Horror larp. Detail shere. Note that this currently has few players, and is in danger of being cancelled as non-viable - so if you want to play, speak up now.

33 AR: Welcome Home. September 21 - 23
First episode of a post-apocalypse Steampunk campaign. Website here; discussion here

Also on the 27th of October is the The Quiet Growth. The second installment in the Winterdale saga.

On New Year’s Eve at the Winterdale Intellectual Society’s New Year’s Eve party unspeakable and disturbing events unfolded. Shortly after the election of the society’s new master, Lord Eldon Knightly, a fiend in human guise carried out an unthinkable plan. Using a dagger he had stolen from the society’s archives, Mr Maurice White boldly slit the throat of a young guest of the society, Miss Stella Jackson. Various members of the society who had not been paralyzed by the poisoned champagne sprang to Miss Jackson’s defence only to be shot down by White’s hired goon or gravely injured by White himself. Just before White was defeated the ritual he had completed tore asunder the fabric of the aether briefly and Mr White was sucked through the portal. As the portal was closing, a cloaked, hooded and grossly deformed misty figure appeared. It offered those in the room a warning to find Judas least the tears the moon weeps turn to blood and all become like it. The being then faded leaving the members of the society broken and thirsty for vengeance in its wake.

Since that night the Society has been in a constant state of chaos. No one seems to know quite what step to take next in order to prevent this grim prophecy and to avenge the deaths of those they lost. Rumours and gossip have been rife, but nothing has been substantiated. The Master has anyone vaguely capable searching the archives for answers, but frustration has been growing all-round as none have been found.

This is the state of affairs when you receive a note in the post one day. Opening it, you read;

My dear friend,

After the tumultuous events at the Winterdale Intellectual Society’s New Year Eve celebration and the chaos that ensued afterwards I have decided it is high time that we escape from the confusion and mayhem that has fallen upon the society. While our fallen companions must be honoured, they would surely not wish us to dwell in sadness permanently. Therefore I would like to invite you to join me on an Easter picnic next Saturday, the 6th of April 1860. We shall feast and frolic, and for one afternoon, escape the mess that swirls around our society’s headquarters.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,

Miss Hester Grey

Accept Miss Grey’s invitation and join us at The Quiet Growth the next instalment in the Winterdale campaign.

This Victorian larp is the second game in an on-going campaign that will run for the next two years. Characters are prewritten and a description will be emailed to you once you have registered.

For more information or to register go here --> winterdale.webs.com/the-quiet-growth

Playing For Keeps, the quiet growth,

city is auckland?

The quiet growth is in Auckland

[quote=“zanni”]Playing For Keeps, the quiet growth,

city is auckland?[/quote]

Playing for Keeps is in Auckland - more details http://diatribe.co.nz/t/playing-for-keeps/6594/1

Also, Truth, Justice and Spandex is being run twice on October the 20th

Its the day after graduation at the Neopolitan Academy for Development of Supers. Heroes and Villains from all over Neopolis gather to search for new recruits while the graduates of N.A.D.S themselves look forward to a bright future. Will good triumph over evil in the battle for these young super’s careers? Or will evil bring them to a life of tyranny and having a damn good time doing it? Stay Tuned!

Details at: http://www.diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7605

There’s also Hydra (the Wellington sister of Chimera) that will be running in April next year. For details see http://www.nzlarps.org/hydra/