Pick Up Required From Motu Moana

We left some large plywood pieces behind at Motu Moana for them to use as firewood (they were the pieces of Oberon’s tree) but Motu Moana don’t want it and we need to remove it ASAP. Is anyone able to swing by MM and pick up the plywood pieces? I have no idea what we’ll do with them from there, but MM want them gone asap.

I can grab them after work if you can let me know where they are. Won’t be able to get there until 6pm. :slight_smile:

Okidoke, will find out.

If they want it picked up tonight, text me. Otherwise I can get it tomorrow eve or Sat daytime.

I used a truck to move these; they’re not small.

It’s six full sheets of 10mm plywood weighting probably 100-150kg in total and you’ll need a claw hammer and / or wrecking bar to pull them apart and a trailer or something to move them.

Some pieces are 1.2m wide by 2.4m long after dismantling…

I suggest a $1 reserve pick-up only trademe auction with a couple of pictures of them assembled.

Okay, that’s really problematic. Motu Moana is not happy with us, and I’d like to not ruin our relationship with them.

Is there any chance someone can go there with a skill saw or similar, hack it up, and take it away? Please?

Oh, bugger :frowning:

I haven’t any of those things, but can lend a hand loading a trailer/truck depending on when people get there.

Where abouts are they exactly? And is there a power supply there after hours?

I have a circular saw and a long extension cord and a willingness to use them. I lack a car to move the timbe afterwards…

If speed is of the essence, perhaps a professional needs to be used.
My brother and mother have used a guy before, to come and pick it up and take it to the tip.

“All the rubbish Removers” Graham Wood 277 0049 027 2237902

Can’t recall the price sorry, less than $100, try giving him call, charges based on time to load up and cost of the fees at the tip.

There may be other similar outfits available if he’s busy, but he’s gives good value for money.

OK, I’ll do it on Sunday. I have the tools, and I’ll load up the trailer and take it to the recycling station.

Jackie and/or other potential helpers, does Sunday afternoon at, say, 2pm work ? Shouldn’t take more than 30 mins to cut (if we have power) or smash (if not) it up.

Yeah, I can be there at two on Sunday.

Groovy, but can we move it to 1pm. I’ve reviewed my Sunday timetable and I’ve got some other shizzle to do, and 1pm is a better time.

What say you: boomshanka or not ? :wink:

[quote=“Mike Curtis”]Groovy, but can we move it to 1pm. I’ve reviewed my Sunday timetable and I’ve got some other shizzle to do, and 1pm is a better time.

What say you: boomshanka or not ? :wink:[/quote]

I will do my best to join you but my attendance is very child dependant so I will be unreliable at best.

[quote=“Mike Curtis”]Groovy, but can we move it to 1pm. I’ve reviewed my Sunday timetable and I’ve got some other shizzle to do, and 1pm is a better time.

What say you: boomshanka or not ? :wink:[/quote]I hope to be able to get to Motu Moana for 1pm after Sunday Morning training. Er, it will be alright if we turn up in multiple cars, right?

[quote=“Jarak”][quote=“Mike Curtis”]Groovy, but can we move it to 1pm. I’ve reviewed my Sunday timetable and I’ve got some other shizzle to do, and 1pm is a better time.

What say you: boomshanka or not ? :wink:[/quote]I hope to be able to get to Motu Moana for 1pm after Sunday Morning training. Er, it will be alright if we turn up in multiple cars, right?[/quote]Unfortunately, I think I’m coming down with something, so I don’t expect to be making it for this now :frowning:

OK, feel better soon.

I’ve asked Luke if he’d give us a hand, and he will. Which is very nice of him to give up some of his Sunday for NZLARPs.

Just a wee ranty - this is the second time he’s volunteered to do something for NZLARPs because it didn’t look like enough members could help out. So please, if a call for help with gear loading/unloading/clean up, etc … goes out, and you haven’t volunteered to help recently, put up your hand and share the load amongst actual NZLARPs members.

Thanks!

Job done :slight_smile: Big ups to Jackie and Luke for helping on this. Especially Luke, who isn’t a member and lent a hand anyway. There were other people using Motu Moana, and fortunately we didn’t cause too much of a fuss for them, but they definitely gave us looks of “what are you doing here, we’ve hired it out”.

Perhaps we need to ensure that for future events we have a plan around what to do with large props. Last year I made that silver structure and my plan was to break it down and turn it into firewood (it burnt really well). I think this approach would have been useful this year as well (except you shouldn’t burn plywood, just take it to the recycling station).