Paddywhack January Order

Hey folks,

Lots of news today.

[size=150]First off, I’ve got a new supplier![/size]

Their name is Wyvern Crafts, and they add a whole lot of cool new weapons and shields to my range:

paddywhack.co.nz/wyvern-crafts

I’m especially enamored with their shields, which really look like they’ve been riveted together out of wood and metal and then painted. Their painted round shields look like some reproduction historical shields I’ve seen online.

I need to make this order ASAP, because all their kit is hand made to order, they don’t hold stock. That has the advantage that you can choose from lots of options of size, colour and style for many products, but the downside is that it will take a while to get here.

The deadline for my first Wyvern Crafts order is next Friday, January 17th.

Because of the production time I can’t guarantee that the Wyvern Crafts order will be here by the Crucible weekend game on March 14th, but fingers crossed.

[size=150]Secondly, I’ve got lots more stuff listed online[/size]

Not long ago I loaded metal armour to the Paddywhack site. Note that the 20% discount for NZLARPS members does apply to the prices listed for metal armour now:

paddywhack.co.nz/metal-armour

I’m now almost finished loading up all the costumes too:

paddywhack.co.nz/costumes

Just got a few costume categories down the bottom to complete.

I think the last remaining thing from Epic Armoury I haven’t finished loading into my site is their leather armour. But I’m happy to send out a free print copy of their catalog if you’re interested, just email ryanpaddywhack@gmail.com and let me know your postal address.

[size=150]Finally, I’m ordering a shipment at the end of January[/size]

I’ll be ordering shipments from Palnatoke, Epic Armoury, IDV and Dark Moon at the end of the month.

The deadline for the order from these suppliers is Friday, January 31st.

This gear should arrive in February. Here’s the site for orders:

[size=150][color=#FF4000]www.paddywhack.co.nz[/color][/size]

Ordering through the site is the best way. If you’re an NZLARPS member, register on the site and then wait until I let you know I’ve marked you as a member before placing your order. Then the 20% discount will be applied automatically. Feel free to register any time, even if you’re not about to order.

I strongly encourage people to consider joining NZLARPS if you’re ordering from me. If you order over $100 in a year, you’ll make your $20 membership fee back. Combined with the member discounts for attending games, it’s well worth joining.

Any questions, drop me a line on ryanpaddywhack@gmail.com and I’ll do my best to answer.

Cheers,

Ryan Paddy

P.S. you can also find Paddywhack on Facebook, here:
facebook.com/paddywhackproductions

Just a reminder that this Friday is the last day to order if you want something from my new Wyvern Crafts range:

paddywhack.co.nz/wyvern-crafts

Also, seeing these are all made to order I figured it was worth asking if they could do 100cm versions of their axes, maces and hammers. And the answer is yes! So you’ll now see new options for all the hafted Wyvern Crafts weapons, to have one 100cm long so they have similar reach to swords.

I reckon these would all look awesome at the 100cm length:

Dragon Warrior Axe

Warhammer

Nobleman Mace

All of these also come with a good variety of colours and haft styles to choose from.

Note that this Friday isn’t the final date for the Epic Armoury and Palnatoke order, that’s at the end of the month.

Oh my goodness. Those, at length, would be amazing!!!

By chance, were you able to get any clarification as to the likelihood of the orders reaching us before March? Eager

100cm Dragon warrior axe, done. Will email.

I wouldn’t bet on it, definitely a gamble. Depends on their workload and how many different types of item I order.

I want to get some shields, and their exact words were that shields “take the longest to make, just not say I haven’t warned you”. :wink:

It’s likely I’ll need to ship in separate boxes though, so perhaps I could ask them to make your special order items first and send them, then do the others.

I am ordering shipments from Epic Armoury, Palnatoke, IDV, Dark Moon, Epic Effect and Ready for Battle in one week.

The last date to order is next Friday, 31st Jan.

Orders can be made via paddywhack.co.nz

This is the last order before the first Crucible weekend game. The gear should be here mid to late Feb.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]

This is the last order before the Teonn weekend game. The gear should be here mid to late Feb.[/quote]

I’m guessing you meant that to read Crucible weekend game, because the last Teonn ship has sailed :slight_smile:

S’what I said. :wink:

Here are some new short swords that Epic Armoury have added to their range:

Elven Short Sword

Orc Short Sword

Wakizashi

I’ve had quite a few people ordering the drink bottles with leather holders.

Unfortunately Epic Armoury don’t have these in stock at the moment. You’re welcome to order them, but it will be a few months before I can try to get them in again.

Today is the last day to make orders to be included in this shipment from Epic Armoury, IDV and Palnatoke.

This is the last shipment before the Crucible weekend game.

Orders can be made via the Paddywhack website: www.paddywhack.co.nz

The shipment from Epic Armoury and IDV is here now.

If any customers are waiting for Epic gear and coming to the gear meeting at Hannah’s house tonight, contact me on ryanpaddywhack@gmail.com to arrange to pick up your gear before or after the meeting, from my place which is just around the corner.

I wouldn’t bet on it, definitely a gamble. Depends on their workload and how many different types of item I order.

I want to get some shields, and their exact words were that shields “take the longest to make, just not say I haven’t warned you”. :wink:

It’s likely I’ll need to ship in separate boxes though, so perhaps I could ask them to make your special order items first and send them, then do the others.[/quote]

By chance, did you ask them to split orders so that swords were sent first? And if so, have you had an update as to the progress? :smiley:

I asked Wyvern to split the order into two shipments and put the swords in the first one.

However, it’s unclear whether they are doing so despite me asking a few times. Communications are intermittent and partial, which is pretty typical with suppliers to be honest.

It probably doesn’t help that I also asked them to do special things like making extra-long maces and hammers, which complicates the order further and has led to problems with their invoice to me.

I don’t think the Wyvern Crafts items will be here in time for the first Crucible weekend, sorry about that. It affects me too, I’d like the stock to be here to sell.

OK. Thanks for checking.

The fact that they’re not communicating clearly is my only real point of frustration. I expect they’d communicate with you promptly if your payments were incomplete and intermittent! :smiley:

You’d said it was unlikely they’d get here by the first game. I was just hopeful we’d get them anyway.

The Palnatoke shipment is here now too.

I’ve loaded the new stock into the Paddywhack site:

[color=#FF4040][size=150]www.paddywhack.co.nz[/size][/color]

I’ve already got orders coming in for the new gear. So if there’s something in particular you want, it may pay to order it now rather than wait to see the stock at The Crucible, as some items will sell out.