Paddywhack is getting a shop!

Yes, an actual, physical shop in Auckland, opening on May 21 at 10am. Location is 100 Queens Rd, Panmure. Here’s the announcement from Facebook:

Paddywhack is excited to announce that we are opening Oceania’s first dedicated live action role-playing (larp) store!

It’s a modest store in an arcade in Panmure and opening hours will be limited at first. All the same, we’re really looking forward to having a place to display our gear, where larpers can meet and pick up equipment, and potential larpers can stumble upon our wonderful hobby.

To celebrate, we’ll be having a SALE on opening day. We’ll be ordering in new stock you’ve never seen before, and everything in store will be at least 15% off. There will also be a PRIZE DRAW that anyone who makes it along can enter.

We know the fear of missing out is strong, and for larpers living outside Auckland it can be frustrating when you have to be here to benefit from sales. With that in mind, here is a COUPON CODE that you can use on the website from now until Monday, 1st May. The next day we’ll be ordering new shipments to get your orders in, along with our new stock, in time for the opening.

The code is “openingsale”, and it will give you an additional 5% discount on the website if you enter it as your “Coupon” when checking out. If you are an nzLARPS member, this will stack with your 10% member discount to give you a roughly 15% discount (roughly because the discounts are applied one at time). We’ll also be updating the website with cool new products in the coming weeks.

Paddywhack is proud to have been serving the New Zealand larp community for over 12 years now. We hope you’ll enjoy celebrating this next stage of our journey with us!

1 Like

Nice to see that there’s enough demand for gear these days to justify a physical store.

Wow. That’s the mail order company That Could. Go Ryan!

Thanks folks!

Just a reminder that the opening sale is this Sunday, from 10am to 5pm.

There’s a 15% discount on everything, and a prize draw.

The address is 100 Queens Rd, Panmure. The store is in the arcade.

2 Likes

Nice branding!

Thanks Naomi! I used logojoy.com which was kind of fun. Sends you a bunch of version including SVGs which is nice.

To anyone using it, I suggest making an account before starting, as I hit an error when using it without registering and lost my first version, had to re-create which was tricky as it’s a semi-random (supposedly AI based) process. Mostly they just have a ton of nice graphic options.