OOC musings and chit-chat

Starting is hard.
A great deal of American history reads like someone made it up.
“Type-written” or handwritten? I could use the handwriting practice, but also I like editing without starting all over again.
I am googling WWI a lot, my advertising is gonna get weird.

4 Likes

You could always do the composition on computer and then write out the final version by hand.

2 Likes

This is true. And then send the computer one directly to @IdiotSavant

Preferably to the official email: innsmouthpapers@gmail.com

I’m saving starting for after work tomorrow, going to compose on the computer and hand write it for mailing.

Now, where and how to start this story?

1 Like

Oh, I completely forgot to post this before, but is there anyone else out there who only has three contacts that would be interested in corresponding with Aeson? He’s really nice, honest!

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of other people express interest in joining, so I may be able to set you up with someone.

And as noted earlier, if anyone wants to declare someone to be a relative or old lover, please do so. These weren’t relationships I was really comfortable creating, but players are free to.

1 Like

Well, if he was part of the literary scene and I play a journalist there might be a slight connection…

2 Likes

I honestly find that I write prose more fluently if I do it longhand on paper first. (It’s harder to get distracted by “Oh, I’ll just research this detail” rabbit holes.)

1 Like

I’ve received my first letters (as GM). So, things are officially underway!

Guess I’d better get thinking about that newspaper then.

I fear I have done my writing hand a disservice in the length of the draft I have typed for myself. To copy it to paper will be a labour. And after that I have some extra to add to an addendum (purely for ‘hooks’ and future musing.s)

2 Likes

:grimacing: Euh… How many pages are we talking about here?!

It’s only about 1600 words (main letter). Not much for me to type at my speeds, but I have unfortunately neglected my hand writing and so I fear this shall be interesting.

Well, that’s longer than I thought anyone would write. But I suspect it’ll be self-limiting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s…a lot of words. :astonished: Mine will be quite a bit shorter!

1 Like

I was going to go with a typewriter font but I ended up making a very nice template in google docs for Cyril’s letters. I even came up with a letterhead and a signature.

Now I just need to finish the first letter. I’m at 493 words so far, but I want to stretch it out a bit more.

2 Likes

I think I’m coming down with something, hehehe, writing Cthonic letters while in a fever sounds like a good time :smiley:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to reading one of them! :crazy_face:

It only took 2 hours (on sunday) to write out, and now it’s in the post! The game is a foot!

1 Like

It looks like the first letters have begun arriving.