Online RP Thread (Lead up to Bloody Valentine)

#74 smiles.

“They were always loved.”

That four little words could be such a comfort.

“It’s good to meet you, Sarge.” She shakes his hand. “It’s also good to hear that my people are distinguishing themselves among humans…outside the Company.”

The words hang there. HEITC officials are used to thinking of Homunculi as property. She doubts things can remain the way they are if such property is lent out and becomes known to those who see a face and a voice and willing arms and think here is a person. That particular rabbit is out of its cage and the Company would have to fight to put it back again. But that is human business, she thinks.

“I was wondering if I could join you, Ma’am? I’ve got some good idea about a new system to register incomers to the camp.” She sees the look that crosses Ms. Ivy’s face. “It’s more paperwork, but I am happy to take charge of that.”

[quote=“RobotPie”]#74 smiles.

“They were always loved.”[/quote]

“They were always loved. And will be remembered.” Ivy murmurers as she smiles back, pleased that she didn’t offend #74 with her oversight.

[quote=“RobotPie”]
“I was wondering if I could join you, Ma’am? I’ve got some good idea about a new system to register incomers to the camp.” She sees the look that crosses Ms. Ivy’s face. “It’s more paperwork, but I am happy to take charge of that.”[/quote]

“Please #74, you know you don’t need to call me ma’am. Between ranks and titles that don’t really belong to me, I’d rather my friends just call me by my name.” She tries, and fails to swallow a sigh. “A new system to register newcomers seems like a good idea. Between what happened to Harriet and Campbell spies listening in on us we need to get more vigilant. I’m sure Leo would prefer it if he still had a camp to command.” She laughs, “Or come to think of it, maybe not.”

Gesturing to Dorchester that they should continue on, Ivy looks back to #74 “Go on then. Let me have it, what’s the plan and how much paper work am I going to have to do until Leo gets back. Something tells me that Jasper will have no time for it.”

Dorchester listens to the conversation, raising an eyebrow when spies are mentioned but remains quiet as matters of the camp are begin discussed. he follows along looking about the place as they go.

dray hears the word spies turns to hear the conversation and tries to work out what is going on and if he can have any imput

“Oh, it’s just a simple book, really, Ma-Ms-Iv-kia…” #74 feels a bit stricken. “Basically I just wander around with a book and ask people their names and where they’re from and so on. I’ll take full responsibility for the paperwork. After all, #99 is settling in nicely and there are no Company officials around to get up to mischief, so I have plenty of time to work on it. Look-” She flourishes the book at her…superior. “I’ve already put down Sgt. Dorchester.”

She stares down at the book.

“Of course, the system falls down a bit if they lie about who they are. And keeping track of the forest folk seems nigh on impossible.” She pauses. “It will be good to see Commander and Mrs. Blake back at the camp, of course. Although (if I may speak boldly) I do not envy the person who gets to write that letter.”

She turns to the Sergeant.

“After you put your bags down would you like to come back to the taverna? Gypsy hospitality is legendary among these parts, and for good reason.”

[quote=“RobotPie”]She turns to the Sergeant.

“After you put your bags down would you like to come back to the taverna? Gypsy hospitality is legendary among these parts, and for good reason.”[/quote]

“if that includes a pie and a pint i’d love to #74,” he smiles, “god knows its been a while since i 'ad a good pint of beer”

[quote=“Wulfen (David)”][quote=“RobotPie”]She turns to the Sergeant.

“After you put your bags down would you like to come back to the taverna? Gypsy hospitality is legendary among these parts, and for good reason.”[/quote]

“if that includes a pie and a pint i’d love to #74,” he smiles, “god knows its been a while since i 'ad a good pint of beer”[/quote]

Ivy opens a door to one of the cabins and gestures inside, “This one has a spare bunk so make yourself at home.” She gestures towards a path that leads to another squat building. “That leads to the ablution area. You can wash off if you want. The Taverna was where you found me and Esther, and is the best place this time of day to find some food. And I’ll see what we can do about that beer. We’ll leave you to it then.” She reaches out her hand and shakes his firmly.

“Ok #74, let’s talk about this book. We may need to think about expanding it slightly. Also don’t worry about Leo and Moss, Lilly went to find them.” She turns and walks back towards the Taverna.

“Thanks very much Ma’am, #74, i’ll settle in and see you both shortly.” he drops the pack off his shoulders with an obvious sigh of relief then strips the rifle down so that it can’t be fired, as he does its obvious he has a tool bracer under the sleeve of his great coat. the helmet and gas mask combination lands on the bunk next to the pack. the trench knife stays thrust into his belt. he adjusts the cap on his head to the approximate correct military angle then shuts the door and retraces his steps back to the taverna.

Dahlia drowns out the chatter in the infirmary as she attempts to listen to the rest of the camp. She couldn’t help but utter a profanity under her breath (in her native language of course) as she feels useless. She was given a new role. An important role. Yet here she is, lying down. She cringed thinking about the paperwork she will have to do once she is able to get up. Nor was she about to let poor Daniel have full responsibility over all medical duties. No one can do it single handedly.
Her gaze adjusted when he realized her father had awoken. Probably in time to hear her swear, judging by the mild disapproving look on his face. But that look soon faded with relief as he looked please to see his daughter smiling, and no longer covered in blood.

Esther startles but Harriet seems unperturbed. “Are you all right, Dray?”

Dray startled turns to Esther
"yeah im fine i was just trying to get use to fight with one eye" Dray unties a few bits to his gauntlet and pulls his hand free from it so he can move it freely again
"i could trouble you for a bit of water could i?" pulling out an empty water bottle and putting it on the table “mines gone ha ha”

Reading the Irishman’s look the doctor indicated he’d seen enough. “Right Mr. Flaherty, the good news is the bleeding has fully stopped, a substantial clot has formed over what remains of the base of your tongue.”

Zek carried on looking at the doctor with a ‘and the bad news’ look in his eye. “but the bad news is there isn’t anything I can do about it other than continue to monitor it and hope what little remains of your tongue regains some basic movement.”

“There are a number of people that may be able to graft on something from either a donor body using some of the advances pioneered through the Haemonculus programs, or perhaps engineer some device that can vocalise your thoughts and a second device to liquidise your food.”

Daniel frowned, "Neither of those ideas sound particularly helpful to me, so I’ll continue to give it some thought.

Hearing Doctor Swanhilde, Daniel turns to his colleague. “Doctor, what are your thoughts on the matter? Any suggestions for treatment?”

Dorchester walks back into the taverna and looks about for a seat, he notes the new arrivals and seems a bit unsure for a second. then nodding to those there he goes to find a seat and takes his ease.

#74 follows Ivy back to the taverna. It’s warm inside, and the light from the lanterns dances off the shiny coins dangling from just about everywhere. She waves at Lewy, Dray and Ms. North before going to the bar. The Sergeant is out of luck if he wants beer, but there is something amber in a bottle which might be whiskey. She writes down an IOU and a receipt and leaves them under wooden bowl. She wanders back, and offers it to him.

“Drink, Sarge? I promise it won’t make your tongue go black.”

There had been An Incident with moonshine a few days before. Damn stuff had corroded some of her internal wiring, and the unfortunate human drinkers were still recovering.

“so long as it don’t blow the top iof me head off it’ll be fine” he says accepting the drink, he tries a sip, stops for second, then takes a good belt. “damn that’s got some scorch to it, cheers”

“Of course. Lewy, would you mind holding Harriet?”

Esther smiles at Ivy, Dorchester, and #74 as they return.

“I’m keeping myself busy,” Lewy replies. “The nights are the hardest, between the bad dreams and this damn leg.” He smiles wryly, and takes a seat. "Thanks, though. For asking. It means a lot."
He pauses to collect his thoughts before continuing. “Oh, I almost forgot. I haven’t said congratulations for you and Jasper yet. It’s good to see that there’s still good things left in this world.”

Esther looks like she’s about to reply when Dray asks her for some water.

Lewy hesitates a bit, a slightly torn look on his face. “Sure, Esther,” he says, a strange tone to his voice. “I can do that.”

#74 pulls out her own flask, swigs, and grimaces.

“Word to the wise; never drink anything the Forest Folk give you. I lost a bottle of formaldehyde last week and I haven’t seen any rats in about a week. Not saying the two events are connected, of course.”

Lewy is holding young Miss. North now. The baby is very well behaved, only fussing a little.

“Any family to speak of, Sarge?”

“got a couple of brothers, both of 'em were in service, navy, i’m the black sheep of the family,” he says with a wink, " otherwise no, mum n dad passed away just before everything went to pieces,"

he looks about the taverna taking in the faces, then turns back to #74 “so how long you been 'ere?”

Dray looks at the child as esther hands harriet to lewy a scene or relaxation hits dray as he remembers that all the cuts and pain is worth it to help protect this group that he could consider a family now. there is a sudden pain in his right eye again and Dray growns in quietly in pain to himself and with his left hand clutches his right eye. the pain then leaves and Dray looks to see lewy giving him a strange look