Ongoing updates

Will do.

Cool very nice.
I really like :smiley:

The front page needs to be edited to remove the reference to the upcoming AGM, maybe replace it with results from the AGM.

The contact page needs to be updated with the new committee members.

I’m having trouble viewing the Word and Excel docs from where I am. Might just be the firewall here. Can other people get them?

Okay, those changes are done.

I’m currently working on another site for a similar community type project.

I had the idea that content boxes on the site point to the phpBB database and draw it from specific posts. We have a hidden forum with the content, and to allow someone to modify the content (not the design and stuff) we just give them moderator access to the forum.

The content still needs to be written with basic html (tags like p, br, b, i , a, etc) but we think it’s gonna work a treat. If it does, I suggest we do the same here with the includes files and this forum.

Can anyone forsee any reasons why this wouldn’t work or could be dangerous?

That’s a very hacky way of achieving a content management system.

But I can’t see how it would be dangerous. Except in the sense that anyone with access to the private forum could mutilate the site, and you’ve got no way to roll it back to a previous version.

Not sure if I’d like to see it here… because it’s so hacky, not because it wouldn’t work. It might be the fastest way to get CMS on a website running phpBB, but very far from the prettiest.

I haven’t looked into CMS freeware, but perhaps something wiki based would be a more logical fit? Wikis don’t have to look like wikis, they can look like normal websites. Wikis have content editing, formatting, and rollback to previous version covered.

The “Community of NZLARPS” thing up the top is ugly, wraps badly and is over-possessive.

It will be offputting to those who want to post in an independant forum, and could eventually lead to a split where some group decides to make a “truly independant national forum”.

How about changing it back to “New Zealand LARP Community” or whatever nice friendly thing it was before and putting a “Project of NZLARPS” icon at the bottom of the forum in the footer? I don’t think Diatribe’s association with NZLARPS is its most important aspect and doesn’t need to be right up there.

Done. I’ve got sketches for a Diatribe over-haul, but I’m really here-and-there this semester so it’s unlikely to happen soon. Maybe Xmas.

I think there are quite a few things here that need a looking at…

Can’t see the Project of NZLARPS icon.

No project gif yet - right now I have no FTP app, no wysiwyg editor, no time and only a few busy hours at work each week! Likely to change next month… :confused:

can we put a calander link along the top along with FAQ etc, its not obviouis at the moment.

I’ll hook it up when I get a chance.

WYSIWYGs are for nancies. I use Notepad. :wink:

I’ve added the Project of NZLARPS icon/link at the bottom of Diatribe.

Is it working in Firefox?

I’m getting a slight delay in loading the image, which might be because it’s sourcing the image from the NZLARPS site. If other people are getting this delay I can source it locally and it might speed up. It’s under 1K so shouldn’t be slow to load.

In terms of the position, I wanted something fairly subtle and in keeping with Diatribe. The icon isn’t that noticable on the index page, but whenever you post a message it pops out like anything. I think the black & white might be a bit garish against the Diatribe FSGReen colours, maybe we should do a version of the icon for Diatribe in a matching green?

I like the black and white.

On the Contacts page, need to get rid of the asterix after Project Officer.

Done! I’m finally useful for something!

Let’s add Nibelungen to the Current Affiliates on the website.

Want to put a small banner and a tagline together for it Craig?

I’ve mocked up what putting events from the Calendar onto the nzLARPS front page could look like:

nzlarps.org/new/

What do we think?

This is just a fake, I haven’t put the link to the database in which is the hard part.

The calendar reader looks good. I reckon it should get at least the next three events if it’s going to

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]Let’s add Nibelungen to the Current Affiliates on the website.

Want to put a small banner and a tagline together for it Craig?[/quote]

Got that ready, but don’t want to publish yet. It’ll all come together in a week or so.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]I’ve mocked up what putting events from the Calendar onto the nzLARPS front page could look like:

nzlarps.org/new/

What do we think?

This is just a fake, I haven’t put the link to the database in which is the hard part.[/quote]

I like it. :smiley:
especially the fact that it refreahes automacally is that the idea?