NZLARPS National AGM 2024

Will the new constitution make any substantive changes, or just the minimum ones necessary to comply with the new Act?

I had been planning to put a motion that we intended to re-register and directing the committee to draft a minimal-changes constitution and bring it to an SGM for approval (because we’re on a deadline here), and I’m glad to see the committee is working on this.

I am disappointed that it is only as the AGM is pending that we as members see anything regarding how the new Societies Act will affect us as NZLARPS.
I was under the impression that the Committee as voted in on AGM 2023 was going to engage our communities on this topic during the year.
Is there a reason this wasn’t done?

1 Like

Our team were eager to get the societies act sorted but were hindered by making sure our bank access had been updated correctly and website issues at an inoppurtune time meant we were unable to contact our members with the appropriate amount of time for both an SGM and our voting AGM.

1 Like

I am happy to stand for IT Officer again

Its a new constitution with what is required to be compliant, but tailored for our current set up.

Any other changes are mostly to reflect the changes in how we run things like our AGM and further facilitate electronic meetings and voting.

I either nominate Anneke for this role, or second if this post I reply to was a self nomination.

1 Like

Just to confirm, there are no changes to the region structure?

(I remember some vague reference to wanting to change this during the AGM discussion, which is the sort of thing which would require full consultation and engagement with the membership, of the sort we had when it was set up)

Thank you. I accept this nomination.

1 Like

I nominate Ciarán Searle as president.

I accept the nomination

2 Likes

I second the nomination of Ciarán Searle as president.

1 Like

There are no proposed changes to the structure.

As noted that would require broader consultation amongst the Society.

1 Like

I nominate Rob Shaw for secretary.

I second Rob Shaw for secretary

1 Like

I would like to nominate myself for National Marketing Officer :slight_smile:

Nomination Accepted.

1 Like

Hi all, I have now updated the nominations.

For the purposes of record keeping and ensuring that everyone is nominated and seconded by NZLARPS members, if I have not recorded your name above could you please drop me a message and confirm your name.

Thanks.

I second Isabella for marketing officer

1 Like

I also second Ciarán Searle as president

And in the interests of ensuring everything is unquestionably valid, I will also nominate (or second, as required) Isabella for marketing officer