NZLarps AGM 2015: Candidate Statements

(I know this might be a bit late, but thought it might be helpful since so many are voting electronically. Get your votes done and sent in the next two days!)

[size=150]Name: Robert Shaw
Office running for: NZ Larps National President[/size]

I’ve been an active member of this hobby for coming up on five years now, and an NZ Larps member for most of those. I really enjoy larping, and I especially enjoy interacting with the people I meet through this hobby. I actually met my lovely wife Linda through larp and mutual friends! I actively care about the people I meet, and seek to include everyone I can in the enjoyment I have in life and in larp. If you’ve met and roleplayed with me, you will know this is my outlook.

Linda and I are both quite involved in the larping community. Currently Linda is a GM of the Crucible Chronicle, and I am about to start a monthly World of Darkness werewolf larp (if you will forgive the shameless plug!). We also regularly attend the Phoenix Rising larp every month, and we have been heavily involved in making Chimera happen, from GMing, to working behind the scenes with the Red Hat Brigade, to supporting the Chimera organiser Anna Klein.

I have experience in leading the America Club, the University of Auckland roleplaying club, from which many of our NZ Larps members orginate. Close friends of mine have held various offices in the NZ Larps society, and I’ve had the opportunity to watch how they’ve handled the various challenges that come with those roles - and I know that if elected, they can support me in learning what else I need to.

[size=150]Name: Joseph Outram.
Office running for: nzLARPS National President.[/size]

I’ve been involved in larp for about six years now, since the tail end of St. Wolfgang’s and a member of this fine organisation since the Chimera of that year. Since then I’ve met many awesome people and made a few friends. All the while torturing everyone with bad puns along the way. Plenty of enjoyment has been gotten out of this fine hobby and there have been very few times where I haven’t had a smile on my face or pleasure in my heart while I’ve participated in or run games…

I’m presently serving as one of the General Officer’s for Hamilton and am one of the GM’s for Fallout: Dead Zealand. There have also been the plentiful amount of games run and/or written for Chimera and a game for Medusa (to which you should all totally come!!).

I would like to think that I could provide a new and interesting voice to the role of President. My experience is limited, but I’m a fast learner and there appears to be an excellent community whose experience I could draw from.