The annual Nordic Larp Talks happened on Friday. For those who don’t know, these are a series of short talks given in the leadup to Knudepunkt on varying topics. There’s a Facebook video stream here, and they should eventually be chopped up into individual talks on the official website.
- Muriel Algayres on “Not Good Enough: On Larp And Systematic Anxiety”
- unknown on “Designing larp for multicultural participants” AKA “The brave hobbits and bollywood”
- Jeffe and Maria Bergman Hamming on “Ars Rego: A technique for physical magic and control” (-2:19)
- Sagalinn Tangen on “Intergenerational storytelling”
- Susan Ploetz on “Designing for the somatic imagination”
- Simon Brind on “Lost in Love - from DJ to GM” (-1:39)
- Mo Holkar on “Fleshing the skeleton: how to empower players to make characters their own without feeling they are ‘breaking the larp’”
- Kaisa Kangas on “Two tools to structure a larp” (-0:48)
- Abbe Serup Grove on “Costumes for real bodies” (-0:38)
- Juhana Pettersson on “The Piss Room” (-0:24)
I’ve watched them all (except the Ploetz, which I gave up on when it started doing philosophy of mind), and I’ll post some thoughts on some of the more interesting talks later.