National Committee Reports 2024

Treasurer Report:

From a treasurers perspective, the biggest win we have had this year is ensuring the right people have access to their funds. Early on in the year, the President and I migrated our banking access back to ASB Business. Despite the truly awful UI on the website and inital wobbles, we managed to eventually set up secure access and get the netcodes out to the regional treasurer. A good test of this setup will be seeing how easy / difficult it is to migrate this access to the new committee.

The national account’s largest expenses are split between the web hosting (including Diatribe, the NZLARPs website), and our accounting software MYOB. Our membership income has not covered the cost of both of these. It is possible that the recent increase in larp events will translate to more paid members although we should be mindful that increases to costs will likely outpace the rate we can feasibly expect to grow.

For any keen beans, this year’s Balance Sheet and P&L are attached to review before tomorrow’s AGM.

NZLARPS Incorporated - BalanceSheetReport.pdf (45.3 KB)
NZLARPS Incorporated - ProfitAndLossReport.pdf (43.5 KB)

1 Like

2023 / 2024 - National Presidents Report

Larping throughout NZ this year has since a substantial increase from where we were just after the lockdown periods. I have been impressed by the resilience of our community to bounce back.

As noted by the National Treasurer the first part of the year was focused on re-establishing ASB Business Fastnet access for the Society and ensuring that all regional treasurers have access to their funds and an ability to make payments. This process has been resolved and handover should be smoother moving forward.

The National Committee has faced an IT issue regarding the website which has also been resolved. This led to some delays in processing membership applications, unfortunately.

Regarding our intent to proceed with a wider discussion on the structure of NZLARPS in light of the Incorporated Societies Act - which was something I was keen on doing - unfortunately this was something that we were unable to achieve.

A large of part of this is down to burnout amongst myself and several of our volunteers on the National Committee. It is this lack of capacity that has led directly to myself stepping down from both the National and Auckland Region committees.

The re-incorporation process needs to be completed by 5 April 2026. As there is a risk that the Registrar may reject the Constitution I suggest that this process should be worked through this year and the incoming committee must be able to focus on implementing a new constitution.

I wish all new volunteers the best for the year.

1 Like

Secretary’s Report

The membership database has experienced ongoing technical issues, causing difficulties with maintaining accurate records, communication, and renewals. Efforts are underway to resolve these problems and implement a more stable system.

1 Like

2023 / 2024 IT Officer

This year proved to be a learning year as I learned more in-depth the capabilities of the NZLARPS website. I need to extend thanks to Naomi, the previous IT Officer who built the website, for assisting me when I came to her with queries.

Given management of the website proved to be something that required the occaisional digging. Including, keeping the website certificates up to date. I hope I have come into a better understanding, though only as the committee year comes to a close.

1 Like

Here is link for the AGM minutes FYI

1 Like