Name the Lovecraftian letter larp!

The Symbol Correspondence. (That’s a fallen london reference…)

Messages of Madness

Unreadable

1 Like

Inexpressible

Speechless

I Remain, Ever Yours

3 Likes

^^^ THIS

1 Like

I like Unaussprechlichen Kulten , Letters in the Dark and I Remain, Ever Yours.

…Any chance this might be open to international players?

2 Likes

I wasn’t planning to, simply because I want postage times to be manageable. OTOH, I haven’t really investigated them either.

Hmmm. 6-10 working days and $3 for an international letter, vs 3 working days (yeah, right) and $1.20 domesticly. It might work.

Unbeschreiblicher Briefwechsel - indescribable / unutterable correspondence?

1 Like

Love Letters?

I like The Innsmouth Papers for some reason.

As long as you remember that “unbeschreiblich” is often used like “incredible” as well… (As in “incredibly impressive”.)

Oh, and extra points for getting the ending right! Hollywood never manages. :smiley:

“Ever Yours” is very good.

1 Like

I look forward to seeing people’s incredible letters :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Me too.

I think it mostly would. Especially if the characters being played were also some distance away.

Having received more information on usual play speeds, I really don’t think it would work (especially because you need to double any NZPost delivery target). So I’ll be restricting this to NZ only, just to ensure reasonable turnaround times. Sorry, @Fair_Escape

Weird Tales

I think @tigger has claimed that one for another project.

Lovecraft Actually

2 Likes

:rofl: Oh.my.God.

While “Ever Yours” is popular, and says “letter larp”, its not very thematic. So I’ll go with “The Innsmouth Papers” (Unbeschreiblicher Briefwechsel, while cool, is too unspellable for regular use).

I’ve asked for a forum, and I’ll give it the appropriate name when it shows up. I think I’ve got enough stuff out of the way to start on character creation stuff now.

2 Likes

I understand! I hope there will be some write ups about the experience to maybe provide inspiration and guidance for other communities to run them! (And alleviate any FOMO just a bit. :wink: )

I plan to. And so far I’ve published the rules so other people can use them, and plan to formally publish them once I’ve added GM guidance and some info on how the game actually runs.

2 Likes