Moments in time and memories in mind

So, that was an experience, wasn’t it? Even for we who were running it. So here’s a thread for recaps, moments of memorable nature, quotes and squee, if or when you feel up for it.

some of mine:

-Seeing this campaign’s first nighttime stealth mission (Operation: My Little Pony Party) go off amazingly. Mel and I had spent a LOT of time hashing out how to run and mechanise it and it turned out to have some problems, but players and crew alike seem to have had an amazing time with it and while an important friendly NPC died, Dagon was prevented from becoming even harder to defeat in the eventual confrontation you’re headed for with him. There’ll definitely be another such mission if the opportunity comes along to include one, with the rough edges worked on.

• “bottle lid flip says Zek survives.”
    "No, let’s do this."
    and then I walk out of the room, because seeing an increasingly desperate medical team fail to save someone they care about is a bit more than I can take

-Moss’ description of (apparently) the traditional Gypsy variant on Spin The Bottle in which an important part is when “You grab bottle and break over person’s head, then wave neck around threateningly” The accompanying mimed actions and facial expression made that line.

-Steph describing having drunkenly performed surgery on Jack at two in the morning. After a 1:30AM battle with demons that Mel ran as an RP encounter somehow.

-seeing the Differently Alive getting to interact with all of them present for a substantial portion of the session. I love all of your characters so much and the “straight man” role they play to the bizarreness around them at Hanover.

-Jane’s robotic reveal

-having what amounted to a youtube party of ancient home videos in the back of the taverna with various demonologists. “yeah, there are about 20,000 years worth of video of the opposite wall of the chamber, not a lot happens” and name dropping various mythological figures.

I still have yet to recount in full my version of what happened to Margaret, but I have the feeling that I won’t be able to pick just one memorable moment of it, or that anything from Saturday lunch time can ever be called “good”.

But there were two moments that stand out right now for me:

• Getting ready pre-wedding in Moss’s room with the bride and bridesmaids. As soon as I heard Moss’s voice I got into character, and the banter between Margaret and Esther, Margaret and Leo (when he popped in), Margaret and Moss, it was all beautiful.

• Saturday night when I came in as Fizzy/Fermented. I needed that break and it was fun to just hang out and interact with people I probably normally wouldn’t have. Thank you to those who put up with my drunken forest folk that night.

Jane’s Reveal, Pony Party, 2am Drunk surgery, Zek’s Dead baby, Zek’s dead…

I miss all the good stuff, :cry:

[quote=“TazzyD”]Jane’s Reveal, Pony Party, 2am Drunk surgery, Zek’s Dead baby, Zek’s dead…

I miss all the good stuff, :cry:[/quote]

You’re not alone in that :wink:

The YouTube party will always have a special place in my heart. Weirdest Steampunk moment ever.

I really loved this game, more than I did the last session, because I feel like Kali is finally becoming more integrated into the Hanover family. While she didn’t have a emotionally intense time like others, as she didn’t know the deceased that well, I felt like this was a good thing, after all someone had to have a level head in those times of grief. I think that I’m still discovering who she is, but now I know that she is extremely focused and dedicated to the cause, and puts most of the other things in life aside to focus on that (which is good because that’s sort of what I wanted with her), and she doesn’t mind being a little bit manipulative for the greater good.

From the get go I could see that demonology had stepped up a notch from last game, and I was so busy all weekend, even the downtimes I spent ‘researching’. The final battle where we were able banish the figment of Dagon was a great culmination of this.

One of my favourite things about this campaign is how personal the GMs make it, in my case with the awesome powers that Kali is developing. Some of my favourite moments were the crew reactions when I inhaled on their smoky corpses. I think Kali may be getting a little addicted to fight demons, because I (Prema) feel especially awesome doing it. Thanks Thom for sharing the background on that via various NPCs.

Loved the late night stealth mission was definitely one of the highlights for me… so scary and thrilling. I also loved that friendships that are starting to develop as a consequence of this, mainly with Sameera and Ivy, who she had identified last session as the people who she would most get along with. All the roleplaying after that was awesome! It also solidified a few things for Kali that she had been mulling over about forgiveness which was cool.

Yes the steampunk youtube party was also very cool, especially discovering, as we had expected that daddy dearest has been involved in things from the start.

Sometimes I wished that Kali was more tied up in the emotional plots, as its quite hard to sit outside of it all when others are grieving, but seeing the process that those players are going through I’m glad I wasn’t, simply because my real life is complicated enough right at this moment, and it was nice to have an escape from that.

I’m sure I will think of more and post later, but that’s it for now.

Careful of that addiction Kali, it leads to the sucking of souls… :slight_smile:

My own personal ones that not everyone got to see was Dahlia being tormented by Thrivaldi. Right after she was controlled to slaughter Margaret, she was shackled in the Taverna and was banging her head against the wall crying and screaming “you made me kill my papa! you made me kill my friend!” over and over, with Thrivaldi talking in her head saying “But aren’t we having fun, Dahlia? I just want you to have some fun” and my various responses that included “Get out, get out, get out!” or “Leave me alone!” while sobbing a lot.

How it was found out that she was being possessed was thanks to Moss who hyptonised Dahlia to help her remember. And Dahlia’s increasingly getting more and more upset as she remembers more.

The small conversations and interactions I had with everyone were touching. I feel quite happy that Dahlia took real charge of Orpha and made it her project to get Orpha fixed and safe. I think Dahlia felt compelled after the death of two loved ones of hers that was partially her fault (in her mind). Dahlia’s last proper day with Zek by the lake is a fond one that I will never forget. The demonologists work on getting Dahlia better was lovely.

Thank you to all the hugs and support I got. I know I seemed okay but deep down I really wasn’t. My reactions and crying were real reactions, I wasn’t following a set plan or anything, it was just how I was feeling. At dinner time I couldn’t bring myself to even eat (and was basically forced to), so I thank those of you who kept an eye on me for ensuring that I was fine OOC :slight_smile:

I did more crying this weekend than I have in my entire life I think.

I just want to hug all of you through your internet connections! It may not feel like it now but you guys are well on track to prevailing and making an ending that, while not a golden fairytale, has you in a place where you’ve survived and things are probably going to be okay.

another awesome moment: Seeing the engineering team and Dahlia, after Orpha was badly damaged disabling the pacifying gas dispenser, work with this amazing almost manic energy to save her life by MacGuyvering up replacements for the damaged cybernetic components like the mechanical geniuses they are.

Another really cool moment was the second battle where we rescued the children who hadn’t been tainted. There was only 4 of us, now let me see if I can get names right: Valencia, Drai (??? the guy with the cool gaunlet), then I want to say Thor (but I’m not sure if he was playing his Thor character) and me. We hear screaming and start out, none of the main core fighters coming with us quick enough. We get to the top paddock and see a whole horde demons, many more than I feel two melee fighters and two ranged ones can take on. I send Valencia back to get more fights but the Scott’s #64 turns up, and I think sure with three we’ve at least got a chance to rescue the children. So we do, and we Kick-ass! And then it is a double victory because the kids aren’t infected… a really good battle, and nice example for Kali of not waiting round for the necessary camp beauracracy and just getting stuck in and doing her job.

Raven i think.

Yep, Luke was Raven this session. Thor’s back next time according to reports, though.

I think some or most should be well aware that Dahlia told Dray to find Thor and drag his butt back to Skye after yelling it haha

There are some scenes from this game that will stay with me for a while:

Being the child turned rage demon, who the players tried so hard to save. Thanks for making the effort, rather than just killing me outright. And soothing the rage (and fear from Jess’ character) away before locking her up. Though Katy really did want to come out to play with her old friends and have cake too. :frowning:

Being Merideth Newman, the head of the Homunculi research program. I don’t think I quite knew enough of the full background of the game to do the role full justice, but hopefully to brought a few issues to light for people to react to. And thanks for ending the scene so conclusively - I was wondering how to walk away gracefully.

Being Tree/Forrest/Flower the forest folk person, who was made so welcome the first night, and never ever quite trusted with anything she was holding (like the baby for example) even though she kept denying that she took anything. Such fun, that I couldn’t resist staying as her on Sunday.

The set dressings was really great, the food was really great, and the roleplaying was really great too. :slight_smile:

One comes to mind as I look at the photos posted by norm;

“They think Dagon’s immortal!”
"…What?"
“Yea, they think Dagon can’t be hurt, so that’s exactly what we’ll give them!”
“O… kay… so I guess I don’t have any HP anymore…”
<< Alternative solutions planning ensues >>

[quote=“Tetrajak”]One comes to mind as I look at the photos posted by norm;

"…What?"
<< Alternative solutions planning ensues >>[/quote]

Oh goddammit

[quote=“BlackDahlia”][quote=“Tetrajak”]One comes to mind as I look at the photos posted by norm;

"…What?"

Oh goddammit[/quote]
You choose your own demons.

"…What?"

See I never heard this rumor. And still got the figments butt! :smiley:

"…What?"

I wish I’d known that was something that could be declared.

We base a lot of what happens in-game, how NPCs react, and what IC problems arise that have to be solved, on what the player characters do, and what the player characters think is going on.