Mind your language 1970's Non-PC game

Set in the 1970’s (lots of flares and disco clothes) this game would copy the basic idea of the 1970’s British TV comedy - Mind your language , in a much simpler time , not PC at all. I have expanded the idea to shake it up a little,a teacher arrives at a night school to teach a group of science students, not realising he is at the wrong school, Instead , (at the school he arrives at) , he is given by the headmaster a group of very annoying , very difficult and some very sexy foreign language students from many different countries all of whom speak very little English (which he is supposed to teach them) … … When he says , I can’t do this, I’m just a science teacher , some very bizarre things start to happen, and he is literally stuck in a school , during a war he knows very little about (AKA Tomorrow when the war began) with students he can’t understand , many of whom seem to be gifted in some extraordinary ways…
A very Non-PC comedy/scifi (Being the 70’s there will be some racial jokes, sexist remarks, biggotted ideas, which will be well established before anyone plays the game)
Could people let me know if this is worth pursuing before I work too much more on it, and if so, if anyone would like to work on it with me, being it is the first Larp I have written, but i am pretty keen.

I’d be interested.

I’ve also just been watching the old Gerry Anderson series UFO and the 70’s fabulosity is rather amazing. :slight_smile:

Sounds good Scott, I’ve had some more thoughts on this , we could get together some time to discuss it… … These people mostly (racially) have been taught to hate each other, but when a threat comes from outside , and when they are under the pressure of having to work together (even though they can hardly understand each other) can they put aside their biases/hatred/religious differences/and lack of communication to survive the possible invasion of a so far unknown aggressor , and how will their gifts affect how they react to this, are there even some that may try to side with the new aggressor against their old enemy… Haven’t quite worked out all the pieces but I am thinking based in an alternative 1970’s with a comedy MInd your language feel, but may turn into something else completely… i.e. Jericho, Fallen Skies, Tomorrow when the war began, esque

[quote=“Scotty”]I’d be interested.

I’ve also just been watching the old Gerry Anderson series UFO and the 70’s fabulosity is rather amazing. :slight_smile:[/quote]
Sounds good! I’ll play. Just give me the chance to use my NERF guns again! 8)

[quote=“Yahn Nhay”]Set in the 1970’s (lots of flares and disco clothes) this game would copy the basic idea of the 1970’s British TV comedy - Mind your language , in a much simpler time , not PC at all. I have expanded the idea to shake it up a little,a teacher arrives at a night school to teach a group of science students, not realising he is at the wrong school, Instead , (at the school he arrives at) , he is given by the headmaster a group of very annoying , very difficult and some very sexy foreign language students from many different countries all of whom speak very little English (which he is supposed to teach them) … … When he says , I can’t do this, I’m just a science teacher , some very bizarre things start to happen, and he is literally stuck in a school , during a war he knows very little about (AKA Tomorrow when the war began) with students he can’t understand , many of whom seem to be gifted in some extraordinary ways…
A very Non-PC comedy/scifi (Being the 70’s there will be some racial jokes, sexist remarks, biggotted ideas, which will be well established before anyone plays the game)
Could people let me know if this is worth pursuing before I work too much more on it, and if so, if anyone would like to work on it with me, being it is the first Larp I have written, but i am pretty keen.[/quote]
I’m keen to play! 8)

i really like this idea