Live combat practice sessions

When will the next practice session be?
I’d like to join in (If possible) As I have no experience with combat yet, nor with LARP, and a combat practice would be a great beginning I think =D.

Hopefully late this month or maybe mid May. Just depends on how many are keen!

Okay, looking forward to doing some sparring and practice (As I can only do training on my own here >.>)

Ok, the larp season looks ripe to kick off, hows about some live combat practice? Resthills park, 21/8/11 @2pm

Ooh, that’s next week! I can most likely be there =D.

also, if you have a suggestion for a park in hamilton that might help woth accessibility, let me know.

I am looking to have a larp - live combat practice session on the 21/8/2011, Resthills Park in Hamilton (off Macmurdo Ave) at 2pm.

See the goggle maps link below:

maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=27+Macm … 5&t=h&z=17

This will involve foam weapons and focus on having a bit of fun as well as some skills basics for any new comers.

This is also a good chance to have a discussion on what you might like to see larp wise in Hamilton, what you would like to run yourself and anything else that you might like to raise.

I will bring a selection of larp weaponry but it is a bit limited, so if you have any, please feel free to bring it along.

I’ve only got my own.

by the way, it might be useful to bring some other props that you think about using with you, for example capes/cloaks, or shields, or lanterns etc.
That way, you can see how they react in combat, and you can adapt to how to use them, and how to make sure they’re not in the way.

Good plan, as it is I like to encourage people to mix up the weapons etc, I have extra shields etc.

It’s costume optional too. I always go with at least costume, so that way I am not just a guy with a sword in a park…

And you never know, people might come to you and ask you (interested) what you’re doing XD, and bwam, new larpers! But that’s not really relevant atm.

Reminder, practice on tomorrow, 21 Aug, 2pm

Trying to resurrect this, we have a few larpers here in Hamilton after all. Several of the likes of Robb and Adrian Baxter have good experience in steel and SCA combat.

The way I see it, we should have our own practice too… Auckland and Wellington can then so can we!

Post if interested in joining us!

• Robbo

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, I’m keen. My only request would for it to not be on Saturday (as that’s my steel training day). Any other day/night and I may or may not have my ratties in tow :slight_smile: