Live combat practice sessions

Actually theres no particularly good reason why I haven’t resumed combat sessions… and I can usually spare an hour or 2. Let me get back to you on this.

ive got a hopeful 8-10 drama boys together(we are not queer, the joke passed along time ago so just forget it) and we are all set. for one of our assessments we have to make a charecter so ive assingned each person with makeing a simple charecter with assingned weapons. could i get some type of number of the weapons in the armory so i know how many boffers i can make(acording to alista’s standards.) if all goood i can get a resonable responce and see when a good time would be to run a little larp thing. if i make enough weapons i could make my own armory and… im just talking to myself a bit. so thats some update on some more hopeful mini larp things for hamilton.so if anyone can help on our [color=#0000FF]QUEST[/color] to make the [color=#0000FF]WAIKATO[/color] a bit more of a larping community then pm me [color=#0000FF]BACK[/color] and we can get a larp [color=#0000FF]TOGETHER[/color]. :smiley:

I don’t think anyone here would make such a “joke” - mainly because (unlike apparently your “friends” in Hamilton) we don’t see a connection, and don’t tolerate public homophobia.

LARPers, for the most part, are a inclusive bunch of people Lochie. I know and have known several larpers who are also gay and it makes very little difference.

Oh yes, and how would next weekend (Sunday) suit your friends Lochie? I’ll confirm a time soon.

jesus sorry for the false imaging i just get teesed at school and called gay because i do drama and stuff. and i also have gay friends but one of them bullies me. n e way sunday will have to be contemplated. i was thinking a little more notice would be applied but ill see what i can do.
ty

NEXT SUNDAY!

yes.

You want more than a week for a combat practice? OK, how long do you want?

no im not complaining.whatever suites. if its next week then its next week. i just need a little bit of time to gather the troops and see if that time is fine. two other things, how many weapons are there and can i make you some boffer weapons? i just hate getting on peoples bad sides but i always seem to

You’re not on anyones bad side. If you need longer than a week, then thats fine. We can do it in 2 weeks time. You just seemed keen. I have enough weapons for about 8 people. 2 staves, 1 giant axe, 4 short weapons, and a couple of longswords. Add to that about 8 shields of various sizes.

As for boffers, yes, you can make them but I ask if you’ve been shown how before? Theres a trick to getting the tips done correctly.

is it the one where you put two parts on the main foam and the smaller part so the top doesnt come flying off? yea alista told me how to do it and i all ready have made a dragon scale short sword. my maul attemt wasnt so “pro” but im getting the hang of it. i can get 4m of 20mm pvc for $10 and airoflex for $4 for 2m so i can make em pretty cheap. if 2 weeks could be arranged then that would be spectacular. like i mean very spectacular. i can help me get the grips so next time i can make it so some of the guys are just straight up ready to go.could you also review some possible senarios that i have made? theyr worth a little look.
marketplace brawl, who dun it?, classic ambush with a twist and the book of conjure. they are a little cheesey but i like cheese, especially parmesian.

Yeah to a certain extent. Its the folding of the tip and how to tape it up which is a little tricky because it you don’t get it right, then the whole weapon can be unsafe. I can have a look at what you have done anyways and offer an suggestions once I see where you’re at.

I also have some 20mm pvc which you could have at no cost.

And yeah fire your scenarios at me. Send them to knightshade.larp@gmail.com

Is anyone interested in some combat sessions in Hamilton in the near future?

At short notice the last half of February.

At medium notice the last half of March and the middle of April suit me.

Lochie, any feedback as to when you and your friends like to run a small event?

yea we keen. im making weaps and stuff. ill bring them along. do u and single or double padded? n e way, are we still up 4 sunday?

For those interested:

Live combat practice Sunday 27th of February, 2pm

Resthills Park, use the entrance on Macmurdo Ave here

If you are late, just head into the park.

Anyone from Auckland want to carpool? Planning on driving down, live north of Auckland, pick up on the way

That’d be cool to have you down Michelle.

Also as a note (for everyone), I have enough weapons for about 6-9 people depending on how they arm themselves, its not a fantastic selection and its mostly personal gear so if you have gear, please bring it with you!

Thanks to those that turned up… we’ll have another go next month!

For those interested, we’ll have another go before I head up for Witch House larp:

Live combat practice Sunday 27th of March, 2pm for an hour or 2:

Resthills Park, use the entrance on Macmurdo Ave (in Hamilton) here

If you are late, just head into the park.

Practice for today is off. The park will be too wet underfoot and most people have cancelled. Another day…