LARPing with pink hair?

Hey everyone!

I’m new and interested in LARPing, but I think for my first few games I’d just like to apply to be crew, perhaps at a Teonn event? My biggest worry is that I usually have pink or purple hair, and if not that, then often pink or purple streaks. Do you think I would be required to dye my hair a more natural colour?

Hi there, welcome to Diatribe :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about your hair colour, you won’t be ‘required’ to change it - I can’t imagine any game will turn you away on account of it :slight_smile:

People turn up to larps with all sorts of hair colours, and I mean - ALL :smiley: Never seen anyone thinking of it as an issue.
And if you ever decide to go for more natural colour (e.g for the sake of character), you get to experience the fun of wigs!

Sunset air elemental :smiley:

There are many head gear items in the NZLarps gear which are provided for people crewing at games. These include fabric hoods, helmets, scarves or robes with hoods attached, which can be used for more mundane characters. As theotherphoenix suggested, the hair colour can be counted as an asset and utilised for the more fantastical characters such as elementals or gypsy/Fae.
If you are still worried about it, there are some reasonably priced, good quality wigs available which several players wear for the whole game, so I assume are comfortable enough (though can be quite warm).

I like!

[quote=“xee”]Hey everyone!

I’m new and interested in LARPing, but I think for my first few games I’d just like to apply to be crew, perhaps at a Teonn event? My biggest worry is that I usually have pink or purple hair, and if not that, then often pink or purple streaks. Do you think I would be required to dye my hair a more natural colour?[/quote]

Don’t worry. We have guys turning up with pink and purple hair.

[quote=“Derek”][quote=“xee”]Hey everyone!

I’m new and interested in LARPing, but I think for my first few games I’d just like to apply to be crew, perhaps at a Teonn event? My biggest worry is that I usually have pink or purple hair, and if not that, then often pink or purple streaks. Do you think I would be required to dye my hair a more natural colour?[/quote]

Don’t worry. We have guys turning up with pink and purple hair.[/quote]

And bright orange, and blue and green.
It’s really quite ok. It is a fantasy setting after all. :slight_smile:

You can (as lightly implied above with the sunset elemental) always make it an interesting character point.

“Why is your hair pink?”
“Why don’t you shut up and mind your business?”

or

“Why is your hair pink?”
“Its a family thing.”

Beyond safety, there is never too much to worry about for people interested in LARPing, I have discovered… well not until you get on to committee :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but once your on the committee you have true power! oh sorry I mean stress, true stress. Common typo on a dvorak keyboard.

i would be far more concerned about that glorious mostache in your avatar, it may hinder your vision