Larp organizer from Czech Republic visiting South island

Hi guys,

I am larp organizer, originally from Slovakia, but making larps in Czech Republic. I am traveling through the South island and got an idea of contacting some local larpers, because honestly I have no idea how you larp around here. I will be passing through both Dunedin and Christchurch, I am very flexible, so I am sure we would be able to arrange a meeting if there is someone interested.

What kind of stuff have I done?

strepiny.larp.cz/en/index.html - post-apocalyptic. Sci-fi larp, trying to use a lot of technology

howlarp.cz/about/ - a Western larp, based on TV series Hell on Wheels, we had an international run last May

kmeny.larp.cz/kontakt-ohlasy/ - larp “Tribes”, focused on positive storytelling and rituals, unfortunately without English version of website, but there are at least a few pictures there

Plus some small games. If you would like to hear, what’s going on in the Czech Republic (and it is a very interesting scene), I am the guy for you. If you would like to hear more about European larp, I have a decent outlook on things, apart from boffer battles. And if you would like to share what’s going on around here, I would be very happy to listen.

All the best,
Tomas

Ps: I hope that I haven’t missed “the big scene” by passing Wellington, it is starting to look like it a bit, but maybe you will prove me wrong :slight_smile:

Hi Tomas,

When will you be in Dunedin?

Hey, right now it looks like I will be there sometimes during next week (Wednesday - Sunday). If there is anything specific going on in Dunedin in next few weeks, I can plan to be there again on a more certain date.

I may be able to arrange a meeting with a few keen larpers late next week :slight_smile: Dunedin’s all a bit quiet at the moment because a lot of our larpers are University students and it’s the holidays; but in a few weeks (not sure of the date exactly) a fortnightly game will be starting up (on Wednesday nights) which you’re more than welcome to come along to :slight_smile:

I’ll put out a message and see who’s keen (unfortunately next week is no good for me; this week or two weeks from now would have been fine. Ah well :slight_smile: )

Cool, thanks for the info. In this case I can postpone the visit for a week, do some other stuff and then head to Dunedin in two weeks in the beginning of February. There will be probably more people there then, I guess, closer to the beginning of school and I would like to meet you too, since you seem like a pretty active person around here.
I wouldn’t mind the change, I still have a month to travel around and there are cool places everywhere in this lovely country :slight_smile:

A shame you’re not in the North Island! NZ’s biggest campaign LARP is running from 5-8 Feb in Auckland! cruciblelarp.com
Some of us Northerers might be keen to chat with you via Skype if that might work for you?

Yeah, I am ashamed I didn’t think of contacting you guys some time ago while I was in the north. I am sure we can arrange a Skype chat, although I could have done that more comfortably from home :smiley: Well, at least I am in the same time zone now.

Unfortunately I discovered while trying to call my family, that is a bit tricky for me to get a combination of a good WiFi connection and a quiet place to chat. But maybe we can arrange that with someone local when I am in Dunedin.

The first week of February would be good to catch up :slight_smile: And you’re more than welcome to use my Skype connection :smiley:

That would be wonderful, Viperion! :slight_smile:

Hi, next month is coming soon, so I wanted to ask - what day do you prefer, Viperion? I also wanted to ask if it would be possible for me to crash on your couch for the night and if you would be willing to do a bit of a structured interview about larp in NZ and Dunedin, that would get published back at Czech larp portal.

And what about the Northerners, amphigori? When would you prefer the Skype call to take place? Let’s try to coordinate you with Viper, I am free all week.

[quote=“TheForeigner”]Hi, next month is coming soon, so I wanted to ask - what day do you prefer, Viperion? I also wanted to ask if it would be possible for me to crash on your couch for the night and if you would be willing to do a bit of a structured interview about larp in NZ and Dunedin, that would get published back at Czech larp portal.

And what about the Northerners, amphigori? When would you prefer the Skype call to take place? Let’s try to coordinate you with Viper, I am free all week.[/quote]
Sorry haven’t been checking the forums! Are you in Dunedin now? I’m free-ish the rest of this week although I’m busy during the day all through this weekend (playing Volleyball in the Masters Games that are on here this weekend). Sure you can crash at my place; I have a spare bed (as well as a couch if you really like couches!

As for the interview, that’d be fine, I’d like to invite a few other people from around here as well if that’s ok with you?

Hi, awesome, thanks for the answer. I just got to Dunedin today, so I think we could meet tomorrow(afternoon?), if you manage to read this message until then :slight_smile: anyway I will pm you Facebook contact on me and my number, so we can later communicate more effectively.

Of course I will be very happy to meet even more people :slight_smile: