Larp for BattleCry 2012... a viking themed larp

Hi folks,

We are looking for a ST for the BattleCry flagship larp for 2012. We have picked Viking for our theme and wondering if there is someone in the Auckland community who would like this theme to work with?

If you are interested please get in touch with me asap as we would like to find a ST or ST Team by mid April.

Thanks,
Karen

P.S. we are also looking for 3 other ST’s for the smaller larp slots of Friday night (12 to 20 people max), Sat afternoon (8 people max) and Sun afternoon (8 people max) please get in touch if you are interested.

Whoo, Vikings! I could definitely be interested in being part of this. Certainly not on my own, but put me down as keen to be a part of the team. After all, I do sometimes say “Needs more Viking”.

Sweet, I’ve got a few ideas as well and would be willing to help out where I can but as I’m heavily involved with the BattleCry organisation I would prefer someone else to head this team. I’ll email you so we can start chucking some ideas around.

Anyone else want to join us? A team of 4 or 5 people would make the job of writing/organising/running this more manageable. Maybe an experienced ST and a couple of keen learners who could learn the ropes at the same time? It would be a good way to learn how to write/run larps.

Sign me up as a keen learner
also maybe a ragnorak sort of ending might be cool and is imbedded deep inside norse culture

Coolies, I’ll message you so I can grab your email address.

Yeah, I thought something with Ragnorak would be cool… especially with the space we have to use for the larp… and what we could potentially do to decorate it to set the scene…

[quote=“Dogmirian”]Sign me up as a keen learner
also maybe a ragnorak sort of ending might be cool and is imbedded deep inside norse culture[/quote]

never wrote for larp before and unsure if i could help or not but somewhat interested in the prospect

would it be rooted in viking folklore (elves,dwarves,beowulf type stuff)

or a more mundane vikings on campaign raiding the english countryside?

or maybe something a bit different like wayward norse landing upon america(ala pathfinder) or maybe even australia/new zealand

encountering the natives of the area ,maori/abborgini vs norsemen? or maybe maori/australian deities and maori/australian folklore (they had a dragon like beast didnt they cant remember its name…) although you could pick any location really and run with it

just a few directions i can see that it could potentially go in

Yes!

Almighty Johnsons larp ftw…

We hope it will be epic… we are still in the planning stages and looking for other ST/crew to be part of the storyline development. If anyone is keen to get involved please let me know.