Immersion September 08 - Call for content, art, etc

The September 2008 issue of Immersion magazine is due out September 17th.

Contributions of Writing
I always welcome articles regarding larp and the larping life. These articles could cover such aspects as costuming tips, roleplaying tips and experiences, larp theory, discussion of aspects of rules and so on. Please contact me to discuss your idea and article length (generally, article sizes come in increments of 500 words). The deadline for content is August 28th.

Specific Articles I Need Written
We are looking for a writer for each of the following articles. If you are interested, keen or have queries, feel free to post below/PM me.

• An out of character game review of the upcoming Multiverse weekend game. This is not to be a plot recount or an in character diary. 1000 words.
  • 1000 word review of the Chimera convention. It would also be good if you could go around and play reporter at the convention and collect opinions from people (in addition to the 1000 words)

Artist
Immersion is seeking people who can draw grayscale illustrations to a brief to supplement our existing artist. Apply within. We are also seeking someone is competent at using Photoshop, with a passion for design, a very high standard of work and the ability to follow a brief and meet a deadline, to work as a backup for our existing and often overloaded current graphics whiz.

Back Cover
The back cover of Immersion will once more be auctioned off on Diatribe. The auction will start on July 7th and finish midnight August 7th.

Mailout Packages
Immersion is mailed out in packages to all members of nzLARPS and all our affiliates. It is an excellent medium to use to promote your game or larp related product/service. If you’d like to include a flier, rulebook or business card, please contact me to discuss printing prices by no later than June 1st.

I will flick you some stuff, articles, pictures as I can. Some will be Knightshade related… can you also include us as games available in Hamilton please?
Also do you have spare issues of immersion for giving away?
If you could send a few down that would be great, we can put them at a couple of gaming stores in Hamilton.

Thanks Jared :slight_smile: Just make sure that you come talk to me about articles before you write anything, and that we have rights to use whatever pictures you pick - that’s why we tend to get our own artists, because then we know that we have the rights :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t offer unless I was giving them away… but yes, talk to you I shall

I will volunteer to write the Chimera article and play reporter at the convention. :slight_smile: Sooo excited about Chimera bounces

Do we have anyone else interested in writing a piece on Chimera? Malu has very kindly volunteered but she unfortunately couldn’t make it for the whole convention :frowning:

‘Polly Perkins’ could definately write an article about Flight of the Hindenberg, there was certainly enough material :slight_smile:

Hah, that’s a good point. So can I conscript you into a 500 word Hindenburg article, written OOC and touching on things like game composition and set dressing, and then include all the wonderful gossip you heard?

On to it.

Any takers for writing a 1000 word con review, someone who was there for the whole thing? Lucy? Derek? Kara? Steph?

Um. I guess I could do a con review.

I got the Spring Immersion last night. Complements to Judit, the layout is getting better every time. The contents page could do with a make-over, but the rest is looking sweet. Great variety of content too.

Also, Steph - no tests for statistical significance in your article on larp preference statistics?

I missed the student’s T-tests and p values. :wink:

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]Also, Steph - no tests for statistical significance in your article on larp preference statistics?

I missed the student’s T-tests and p values. :wink:[/quote]
[pokes tongue out]
You get what you get. I didn’t have a control group or do a pilot survey, neither.

Although, with the experience of running Hindenburg in Auckland, I think it’s worth noting the different gender balance in Auckland larpers: one half are women, compared to one third down in Wellington.

In my larp around the world article I mentioned that Chimera might be the second larp con in the world, after InterCon (not including the Nordic con where they just talk, not play).

Turns out we’ve actually been preceded by Canada, UK, and France as well:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=416464

That’ll teach me.

I knew it was too good an idea not have been thought of by others. Ah well. The problem is, reading about these, I have to restrain myself from buying plane tickets to go and try them out.