Immersion - December 07 - Call for content

The next issue of Immersion Magazine is scheduled to be released in the second week of December.

Contributers
We always welcome articles pertaining to larp and the larp life, as well as art and illustrations relating to larp. Anyone is welcome to submit content. If you would like to write, but have no idea about what, get in touch, I always have articles that need writing!

Game Organisers
If you have a game scheduled to run after the December 10th, please contact us with the details, we’d like to print it in our calender. In addition to this, Immersion Magazine is mailed out to every single member of nzLARPS, you are invited to make the most of this by including your advertising material - your game’s rulebook, event fliers, larp related products and services promotion - in this mailout. Contact immersion@nzlarps.org well in advance of publication date to arrange this.

Advertising
Immersion magazine has a circulation of about 120. If you’d like to advertise in Immersion and support its continued existence, please contact immersion@nzlarps.org to discuss options.

This issue will be marking the first birthday of Immersion, so let’s make it a good one!

Interviews

By now, a fair number of you will have received interviews pertaining to assorted larp games you are running. If I could have them all answered and returned to me by Monday 26th November, you will be contributing to making my life easier, and a timely publication of Immersion :smiley:

Thanks!

I suggest that we give the back page (or half of it) to make a ‘thankyou’ to Lion Foundation for their donation of the trailer. We thought about this last month, but the back page had already been sold.

Immersion Mailout Packs

If you would like to put advertising material for your larp or larp related event/business, please get in touch with me ASAP to arrange it.

The usual forms of advertising are either an A5 flier (which costs a bargain $4 to print 70) or your game’s rulebook (costs vary depending on how long your rulebook is)

It’s a great way to reach the larping community.

Crikey, that was a mission. But Immersion December is printed and going in the post tomorrow.

It’s a good issue, lots of content and a spiffy new interior layout done by an actual design student on actual design software (as opposed to me, wrestling with Microsoft Word)

So look out for it in your letterbox! :smiley:

Immersion looks awesome, congrats to the new interior designer. Great content too, very readable and heaps of it. This edition should totally get some distribution around the country.

I intend to go through with my plan to put a bunch of these in places around town, I’ll be talking with Anna about getting a stack of them to distribute.

I’m not fond of the idea of distributing Immersion around the place willy nilly. It’s too expensive to do that. We need a good double-sided A5 flyer to go around.
Immersions should be kept for targetted events like the Taupo Joust, Battlecry, Armageddon etc.

I raised this as a motion at a meeting which I think you missed, the idea was to put them in places like but not limited to Vagabond and the events shelves outside of the Civic and Aotea Centre. Most of the committee was in favor of it at the time, but would you like to discuss it some more in the committee forum?

Yep.
Sorry, didn’t know about the motion as nothing was mentioned in the November minutes.