Over the years I’ve joked about “steam achievements” for larps. Usually this is in the context of writing and running theatreform, and sparked by some news of something being run overseas. Here’s a few I’ve come up with:
- Writing and running: with scales at 5, 10, 20, 100 (who would ever achieve that?)
- Size: in addition to the obvious scales, surely there’d be a 300! achievement
- Productivity: inspired by the academic H-index: write n larps each of which has been run n times, or write n larps each of which has been run in n different countries (my indices are 5 and 3 respectively)
- Translation (ideally, this would have a silly catchphrase for each language). Also “in the original Klingon” if a larp is run more times in a translated language than the original.
- No drop outs (“Inconceivable!”) .
What ideas do you have to gamify your gaming? Bonus points for silly names for them.