I am Visiting NZ from 13Mar to 11 April

Hi,

I’m Roger Gammans, author of a few short (4hrs) LARPs (most notably “Love Letter” https://sites.google.com/site/loveletterlarpinterconr/home ) in the Uk but mostly I play , and I will be visiting the in-laws in NZ with my partner (who also writes and plays larp ) next month.

Will probably doing various roadtrips and stuff, but will be in Auckland at the two end dates as that is the airport we are flying in and out of the country from. But will bin in Wellington and Palmerston North for at least some time between those dates. Details are confirmed yet. We have family and/or friends in all three of those cities.

I would love to have the opportunity to swap war stories or similar with some of you so . I know a few the UK games have crossed over, and are being run by others there and the NZ games in UK.

I’ve noticed you got Hydra running in that period, but I not sure we got enough time to put a whole weekend aside - although my partner might disagree.;-).

If anyone got any suggestions for places an times we could organise some sort of meet up that wold be grateful…

Thanks.

I was going to suggest Hydra, but you’re already aware of it. You can just drop along for a single day, or even just a few games. If you’re doing the one-day option, I recommend the Saturday.

There’s also a three-hour theatre-style in Wellington on March 31st, The Crossing of the Caliburnus. That’s also the weekend of the Armageddon geek expo in Wellington, if you like that sort of thing.

If you just wanto to get together socially, I can probably meet you in Palmerston North, and Wellington larpers are often keen on brunch.

Thank you , and sorry for the delay in replying.

I’ll see if we can organise getting to Hydra; if it hasn’t filled by the time we get time to look into it, as family organising is taking preference.

We need to be in Palmy for family over Easter which probably rules out Armageddon and "The Crossing of the Caliburnus " which is a pity because it does look cool.

There are still spaces at Hydra, so if you haven’t already signed up, now is the time to do it.

http://hydra-larps.nz/