Hunter the Vigil: The Last Haven

"30 years ago the city of Haven, a small inconsequential city in the country of New Zealand, sealed itself off from the outside world. It built a wall around itself, and guarded it relentlessly. Nothing exited its port, and any ships that went to visit mysteriously disappeared. For thirty years the city maintained its radio silence…until now.

Welcome to Haven."

The walled city of Haven, New Zealand has finally opened its doors to the outside world, but it seems something sinister is lurking below the town’s magnificent facade. The city is under martial law, and after curfew strange and supernatural creatures roam the streets. Any effort to reach to the city’s leaders is shrugged off, when it is answered at all. Meanwhile, the Weir-Rose technology conglomerate in Haven’s CBD works tirelessly to keep Haven’s electricity, radio, and other services running. Are the rumours of the conglomerates enigmatic leaders funding the Vigil true?

The Last Haven is a monthly Hunter: The Vigil LARP starting in the first half of next year, in Auckland. The ST team (including myself) are putting some feelers out in order to gauge interest and maybe get some early character concepts. If you’re interested in getting news or finding out more about the game, click on the facebook group below and you’ll get more information as it is released by the ST team.

facebook.com/groups/532713330196224/

A Hunter campaign! Awesome :slight_smile: Do you know when you’re looking at running in the month? Who is on the ST team? :slight_smile:

We won’t be running on the fourth weekend as I know all three of the STs have another commitment (i.e. Another LARP) on that weekend otherwise we’re not sure. The ST team so far are myself, Matt R, Kemys, and Daniel J, although it may expand in the coming months. :smiley:

As one of the GMs of this campaign, I say come along because it’s going to be awesome fun and we have so much planned for you all. And no doubt you’re all going to cause chaos for us, you are hunters after all.

Is “Hunter: The Vigil” the system? Is this a white wolf system, or what? What’s the flavour of rules vs roleplaying?

This looks so tempting - I’m not really into white wolf or monthly campaigns, but I wouldn’t mind NPCing some, if you need NPCs?

Hunter: The Vigil is a New World of Darkness system, and we’re skewing more towards roleplaying rather than rules although dice rolls/card draws are still obviously going to be happening. A lot of scenes are either going to be run cinematically or the players are going to be given the option to run them cinematically so a minute-long piece of action doesn’t stretch out into 10 or 20 real-time minutes.

If we need NPCs I have your name down. :smiley:

Oooooh, intriguing!

Bumping this because the first game is THIS MONTH! Tentative time is 6pm, 26th of March. We are still looking for players and NPCs. :smiley: