Gear to Borrow for Hydra

Hey Peeps!!

I’m after a couple of items for one of my characters on Friday Night. If anyone could lend me items, I would greatly appreciate it.

I’m playing a DnD style fighter; although it’s based in a Tavern, I’d be keen on costuming in Armour, so either Chainmail or a Breastplate, and a helm of some sort that a fighter would wear.

Also, an Axe would go quite well with the rest of my costume, I don’t think it needs to be LARP safe, but if it is, then I could use it, should the soft and brown collide with the circular wind device.

Muchly appreciated;

Chris

I thought we weren’t allowed weapons at that game? :wink:

Good idea, this thread. I shall add to it, soon!

The management of the Golden Dragon Tavern refuses to allow weapons inside, so no need to bring any along.

Of course, if the desire is too much to have a friendly knock around once you all look awesome in full costume, who am I to say no. But on time in, weapons are a no no.

Chris,

I have chainmail and a coif which you are welcome to borrow.

Jon

[quote=“Bryn”]The management of the Golden Dragon Tavern refuses to allow weapons inside, so no need to bring any along.

Of course, if the desire is too much to have a friendly knock around once you all look awesome in full costume, who am I to say no. But on time in, weapons are a no no.[/quote]

Duh, i’d forgettn about this!!
All good, Will revise list of things to be bought along :stuck_out_tongue:

Chainmail would be thanks Jon, won’t bother with the coif,

Chris I also have a helmet you can borrow.

I’m thinking I might have a bash with the weapons on the Saturday since we are in a good venue for it. (and we will have all the NZLarps weapons there).

I’ll be bringing chainmail, since I need it for another costume. And I can bring you an axe for your pre-larp photos.

[quote=“Bryn”]The management of the Golden Dragon Tavern refuses to allow weapons inside, so no need to bring any along.

Of course, if the desire is too much to have a friendly knock around once you all look awesome in full costume, who am I to say no. But on time in, weapons are a no no.[/quote]

I was going to be wearing a sword anyway just to have it confiscated. It seemed in character to have one.

By the way TazzyD, I still have your LARP hammer which I’ll be bringing along to return to you. You could use that?

[quote=“tog42”][quote=“Bryn”]The management of the Golden Dragon Tavern refuses to allow weapons inside, so no need to bring any along.

I was going to be wearing a sword anyway just to have it confiscated. It seemed in character to have one.

By the way TazzyD, I still have your LARP hammer which I’ll be bringing along to return to you. You could use that?[/quote]

Yup, thats teh Plan! Old Skool fighters had bladed weapons for normal combat and blunt ones for those pesky skeletons. Plan to have a sheild too!!

So pre-photo weaponry would be great, have it confiscated etc… cool ideas :smiley:

[quote=“Jon Ball”]Chris,

I have chainmail and a coif which you are welcome to borrow.

Jon[/quote]

Hello Jon

I believe Karen was looking to borrow your seeker set for the night, as we will be needing to dress the same. Did Bryn talk to you about this?

[quote=“Ants”]
Hello Jon

I believe Karen was looking to borrow your seeker set for the night, as we will be needing to dress the same. Did Bryn talk to you about this?[/quote]

He mentioned borrowing the tabbard, didn’t say the whole set.

Jon

Yup, I think Scott was going to lend team Paladin his full outfit, and I think Ants you’d only need a tunic (Jon’s), as you’ve got everything else right?

I’m really keen to get some staged photo’s of the game, plus nzLarps Wellington would love to get some action shots for promotional material if people are keen over the weekend.

Oh and if anyone else wants to borrow anything of mine for the weekend drop me a PM, bryn at me dot com.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a weapon for Saturday night. I’m playing a big shot warrior and if anyone has any Mayan-esque weapons that they’re able to lend, I’d be very grateful (Mayanesque in nature, not look - the axe or spear variety would be great)

I’ll be bringing an axe (sadly, metal, not obsidian)

SUPER late notice I know, but does anyone have a spare set of Steampunk Goggles I can borrow for 32AR? (Or for that matter, any number of steampunky accessories, as I find myself severely lacking in that department)

Cheers all!

[quote=“Viperion”]SUPER late notice I know, but does anyone have a spare set of Steampunk Goggles I can borrow for 32AR? (Or for that matter, any number of steampunky accessories, as I find myself severely lacking in that department)

Cheers all![/quote]

I’m bringing some goggles you can borrow.

Awesome :slight_smile: Who are you? :wink:

I’ll introduce you tonight, just remind me.

I have a bowler hat which I’m wearing for Delicious Friends. Which is I guess kind of Steampunk. You’re free to borrow that.

Jon

Thanks Jon :slight_smile:

In welly now, what rain? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a hat, cheers