Fallout Inspiration

So I’m kinda tempted to play a little bit of Fallout to get myself in the right mindset for The World That Is.

Any advice on whether Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas is better? (Or potentially the original games?)

[quote=“Fraser”]So I’m kinda tempted to play a little bit of Fallout to get myself in the right mindset for The World That Is.

Any advice on whether Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas is better? (Or potentially the original games?)[/quote]

Fallout 3 is good, I’ve heard New Vegas is better but I haven’t played it. Sophie listed New Vegas as more of an influence than Fallout 3 as well as the original.

My personal preference is New Vegas. Just make sure you get game of the year edition the DLC is really good.

I played both, New Vega’s is better, more of a “world on the mend, things are looking up” rather than “anything you encounter is either a big monster, or out to get you”

Yeah I’m using New Vegas and the original 2 Fallouts as my inspiration. Fallout 3 was ok, but the story telling wasn’t Fallout standard IMO.

just inspiration…

youtu.be/nXAvmVhe-CM

plus games of Jugger anyone?

[quote=“8w_gremlin”]just inspiration…

youtu.be/nXAvmVhe-CM

plus games of Jugger anyone?[/quote]Well that’s the most awesome thing I’m going to see all day :smiley:

I thought I was the only one who ever watched “Salute of the Jugger” - apparently not!

[quote=“8w_gremlin”]just inspiration…

youtu.be/nXAvmVhe-CM

plus games of Jugger anyone?[/quote]

…is this what your ultimate aim is, Sophie?? If so, I’d better be making the Candymen a little more serious, huh…

[quote=“Viperion”][quote=“8w_gremlin”]just inspiration…

youtu.be/nXAvmVhe-CM

plus games of Jugger anyone?[/quote]Well that’s the most awesome thing I’m going to see all day :smiley:

I thought I was the only one who ever watched “Salute of the Jugger” - apparently not![/quote]

We used to play it at the Gathering in the UK a lot…

fun film actually… and a good fit for this genre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iso1d_EtT2M (full film here on youtube!)

[quote=“KateB”][quote=“8w_gremlin”]just inspiration…

youtu.be/nXAvmVhe-CM

plus games of Jugger anyone?[/quote]

…is this what your ultimate aim is, Sophie?? If so, I’d better be making the Candymen a little more serious, huh…[/quote]

It’s probably more likely to be the the bad lands… the raiders and stuff.
The Militia protects Crossspire so that these guys don’t get near!