Empty Vessels: Omens - a new semi-theatreform game coming in June

This post will include links to all the major sources of info about the game.

About - includes date, time, and a basic overview of the game

Tickets - includes blurb for Omens

The World Map

4 Likes

So is this houppelande renaissance, or puffy-pants renaissance?

(AKA “oh no, whatever shall I wear?”)

This is fantasy renaissance, so it’s up to you!

1 Like

I think I have a nice red number with a shoulder cape which has never been used (except maybe briefly by some downmarket actor for a scam)

Not all the casting emails have gone out yet, but here’s a handy guide to some of the very notable figures who will be in attendance!

(This is not a comprehensive list of all important characters. Just the ones who need to be announced with aplomb.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1saUH9gHO8ptfsEvjN6njNgGV1yk1eb5W/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Likes

Two lore documents have been released today - not at all essential reading, but there for people who might find it interesting.

Arylide

Rochiram

2 Likes

Did a costume test today, and it seems to all hang together well enough.

Having got my character sheet, I have to agree with the comments elsewhere: it is one of the prettiest I’ve seen.

2 Likes

A couple of questions about future games in Empty Vessels:

1. What kind of tone and setting would you be interested in seeing in a future game? More politics? More magic? More structured plans? A central mystery to figure out? Something set in a small town with characters that know nothing of politics?

2. How long (in-world) after the first game would you like to see a second game take place? A couple of months? Years? Decades?

1. I found the balance of politics and magic worked for me. Central mysteries aren’t usually a good idea in a large game, because usually only a few people are going to get to work on solving it. I’d prefer future games to be strongly related to and build upon what has been established.

2. I think years is a good distance - enough time for the consequences to emerge and the fallout to have settled a bit (I expect a lot of fallout, and while “months” would let me play through it, the original game pitch was for a longer view).

1 Like
  1. I’m not a fan of central mysteries. I think it’s better to have a variety of plot types to cater to different player tastes. I also think it would make sense to build on what’s been established so far with some extra plots thrown in for those who’ve already resolved their issues from the previous game.

Setting-wise it would be nice to rotate which Kingdom the different games happen in. The challenge would be to make sure that everyone had a reason to be there.

1. Personally, I don’t have anything that needs to be resolved in the next few months, so a gap of years would work for me. On the other hand, the upcoming royal wedding could be an interesting event to base a game around.