Cyberpunk One Off or Campaign

Hello People!

I am currently writing a Cyberpunk game for Chimera.
It is a one off to gauge my game writing/running skills but also to find out how large a market we have for this type of genre.

Can I get a show of ideas of things people would like to see in a cyberpunk game, and also if you yourself are interested.
I would like to have a campaign game at some point, because cyberpunk is awesome and you’ll want to wear the outfit more than once, I’m sure.

May I draw your attention to movies such as:
Mad Max 2
Bladerunner
12 Monkeys
Fifth Element
Equilibrium
Total Recall

And books such as:

Do androids dream of electric sheep
Neuromancer
Mona Lisa Overdrive

If there is a large ammount of “Like” feedback for this I will prepare for a campaign. But for now it will be for Chimera 2013 :slight_smile:

Colour me interested. :slight_smile:

Sounds fun! I’ve always wanted to play in a bladerunner-like setting

David already has the whole costume sorted… Mad max post apoc torn off leather sleeves. And shotguns.

I’m keen, especially for a Chimera game.

Yep, sounds good to me.

David already has the whole costume sorted… Mad max post apoc torn off leather sleeves. And shotguns.[/quote]

Not to mention leather long coat, pants and a turtle neck for that Morgan Blackhand, night city look :wink:

Cyberpunk is my favourite genre of anything ever. Which pretty much sums up my enthusiasm regarding your proposal :smiley:

This is the kind of game I’d love to see as a campaign. Maybe the Chimera game could be the teaser/intro for it.

Colour me keen.

For me one of the most important aspects of Cyberpunk is the idea that technology has driven us into despair. All the adventures and action that drives the books and movies comes from a fundamental hopelessness of the new human condition. It is the hardest and most interesting aspect to get. Definitely keen.

I’ve got a cyberpunk Bad Dreams one off conceptualized, if you like, we could collaborate for the one off.

Ooh, okay I’ll ttyl about it. :smiley:

Okay so I’m going to be running a Bad Dreams Cyberpunk with Vanya.
This varies from my original idea so if anyone wants an additional Cyberpunk game that isn’t Bad Dreams-esque let me know and I’ll complete the one I’ve been working on too.

Can we use NERF guns and chainswords from Paddywhack? :unamused:

For my game: Yes. Nerf guns are a go.

Not sure what Vanya has planned.

Are there any restrictions on the kind of nerf guns allowed?

Sorry, got out of checking the forum regularly.

At the moment no. But I guess with some trial runs that would work itself out.

For the Chimera games I’m thinking use of firearms will be a dire situation for survival only. And the consequences for discharging will be more realistic.

Some of my favourite books and movies listed there. :slight_smile: