Cthulhu Parlour: The Maddening

Seen over facebook: a Cthulhu mystery game:

This is the only game in the world to start with a real hypnotic induction (optional) to get your players into a mindset that will make the events more real and terrifying than ever before. Each Act and supporting narration has orchestrated soundscape (Nine new soundscapes not found on the Cthulhu Soundscapes Vol 1 & 2) that will further immerse your players like never before.

All players get involved working out puzzles, interviewing characters, performing rituals and solving mysteries. Characters for the players are optional, you can also have players being themselves but transported through time.

This intense tale is to be played in one night and utilises soundscapes, printable props, masks and the hypnotic induction. It’s also designed to be played along with your phone, pad or print.

I’m not sure how larpy it is though, and with the dollar where it is ATM, I’m not sure whether to gamble £12 to find out.

2 Likes

it SOUNDS awesome…

I’ve wanted to be part of a Cthulhu game for such a long time…

Sadly this one doesn’t seem to be available anymore (though their soundtracks still are). I should have grabbed it while I could.

I just googled it myself. There seems to be a related kickstarter but not having seen the original I don’t know if it’s the same thing.