Costume Hire

Hi Everyone,
I work for Carnival Costume Hire on the North Shore of Auckland.
We’ve been thinking about getting involved with the NZ LARP Community and wanted to see what you all thought.

If we were to offer deals for customers affiliated with NZ LARP would there be much interest in hiring costumes or is purchasing and hand-making still preferred?
We have a large range of Medieval costumes for both men and women in a variety of sizes, colours, fabrics etc. We also have countless costumes in other eras and themes if you are looking for something a bit different. Not to mention all of our accessories and wigs.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think.
Thanks!
Carnival Costume Hire

Hi there - thanks for touching base with us!

There are plenty of people who hire costumes, especially people new to larping who don’t have much in their collection, or people who don’t like to (or can’t) sew.

I can’t speak in an official NZLARPs capacity about arranging a discount, but if people are keen I’m sure someone will be in touch with you. :smiley:

Do you have a website?

Hi there

I am the Gear Officer on the NZLARPS committee, if you would like to discuss becoming an affiliate with us (which would be awesome) then please send me an email on nzlarps.auckland.gear@gmail.com

Thanks and I look forward to talking with you.

Nikki

Awesome to hear a positive response.

Our website is carnivalcostumes.co.nz/
and our facebook is facebook.com/CarnivalCostumeHire

We have more costumes than we could possibly photograph, so the pictures we have up are just a glimpse into what we can put together.

Thanks Nikki, We’ll be in touch soon regarding becoming an affiliate.

Genevieve