Costume Borrowing, Begging and Swapping

three it is, see me at chimera :slight_smile:

Iā€™m currently looking to borrow a plain brown robe, and something that could pass for a Star Trek tricorder (Iā€™ve had an old flip phone suggested to me, but there are none of those at home), both for Round 2.

One of my kids used to have a broken silver flip phone as a toy. No guarantees, but Iā€™ll see if I can find it tomorrow.

I have/had a flip phone (Iā€™ll find a pic of it and add it to this post) if you canā€™t find a local one :slight_smile: Itā€™s red and black, not sure if that would make a difference or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Itā€™s very similar, but not identical to, this one

I might possibly require a hoop skirt. Would anyone have one to loan if I do?

Iā€™m bringing one to chimera, Iā€™m using it in round 6 but can loan it to if its for a different round :slight_smile:

Itā€™d be for the flagship - Iā€™ll let you know if I need it (wonā€™t know til the dress is done) - thanks heaps!

Iā€™m looking for a Larp safe Wood Axe for the flagship. I was thinking of making one but if I donā€™t have to it would be a load off for sure.

Also something cybernetic looking. Not too large. For Round 1. VR goggles could work in a pinch (though I might want to borrow those for round 2 as well in that case).

[quote=ā€œViperionā€]I have/had a flip phone (Iā€™ll find a pic of it and add it to this post) if you canā€™t find a local one :slight_smile: Itā€™s red and black, not sure if that would make a difference or not :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]Yes please to both of you :slight_smile:

Oh, right. I did find the flip phone. It has spaceship stickers on it. I think we can remove those if you want. :mrgreen:

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Im looking to borrow a LargeLarge dress for the Great hall during the Flagship, due to technical difficulties i have lost my dressmaker and my costume will not be ready if anyone can help i will happily provide choclate or something :slight_smile:

I would like to add a lab coat and a pair of steampunk goggles to the stuff I need to borrow. Itā€™s for Saturday Morning if itā€™s any help.

I have spare lab coats but all are in a used condition and look pretty shabby. Is that okay?

Last year I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a pillow and sleeping bag for the weekend from someone who was already in Auckland. Any chance I might be able to do that again?

I need some 1920ā€™s ish womans clothing (size 10-12) urgentlyā€¦ aā€¦and

a wandā€¦ andā€¦

Arabic-ish assassiny looking female clothing.

Does anybody have a suitable prop I could use as a Star Trek phaser in Round 2? Thanks =)

I have spare lab coats but all are in a used condition and look pretty shabby. Is that okay?[/quote]
Theyā€™ll do.

This is very late notice, but my other efforts sort of came to nothing. I have one ā€œmaybeā€, but Iā€™d rather be safe than sorry. So, does anyone have a tunic/some peasanty-Servanty looking costume that I can borrow for my GM character for The Rose and the Dragon? Turns out the only Medieval kit I have is from Teonn, and anyone whoā€™s met Ed knows thatā€¦ well, he doesnā€™t look very servanty.

Hello everyone,
my name is Andreas and I am going to visit your great event this weekend. I am coming from far germany to experience larping in new zealand. If any of you would like to talk with me about larping in europe etc. please approach me. You are very welcome.
There is one request I have:
I am going to play Little John in the Robin Hood game and Osbert (a medival performer) in the rose and the dragon and as I am traveling around the worl I donā€™t have any costumes with me. Could anyone be so kind as to lend me some medival clothing? I will probably need some basic medival clothing (with a bit of panache ) for both roles and a little bit extra colorful or generally ā€˜medival performerā€™ stuff for Osbert. This includes (I will write the sizes as I know them from normal clothing so you got an idea.:
-shoes (size 43 in germany, shoes or boots would be cool)
-a shirt (T-shirt size XL, normal shirts rather L or 42-43)
-trousers (Jeans size 34/34)
-a performer hat (for Osbert)
-some nice gimmicks
-a long wooden staff for Little John (no matter if boffer or a real simple staff)

my height is 1,86m, normal frame to have an idea.

Thank you so much for your help and I am looking forward to meet you all on the weekend.

Best wishes,
Andreas

I am a 14 year old relatively small male looking to borrow a few itemsā€¦ maybe a bit more than a few.
I am looking for:
Fur armor with light clothing
Mayan-esque priest type clothing
Something Medivalish for The Rose and The Dragon.

Thanks,
Stuart Hooper