Chimera T-Shirts 2013

I ain’t wearing no lion of England![/quote]

How about a knight and a maiden kissing, perhaps with a castle background? That would play off the love/larp thing.

…and she’s holding a dagger behind her back. :wink:

[quote=“Anna K”]Bryn Jones designs our shirt :slight_smile:

Its lame, I know, but my mantra from about 1st August is “Keep Calm and Chimera On” :smiley:[/quote]

at least it’s very 2012-2013 styled. will not age well.

Well it sounds like two of the games are going to have Star Trek characters in them this time around, so “Larp Long and Prosper” could be appropriate, if cheesy.

I do wonder whether or not we’d minimise the number of people who would be willing to buy a shirt if we went for something that was sort of niche-geek. I’m not a Star Trek fan, so ‘Larp Long and Prosper’ wouldn’t be at the top of my purchasing list. I’m also thoroughly sick of appropriating memes (especially because by the time we’d get the T-shirt printed, it would be even more stale than it is now). If Typo has already got to ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’, I don’t like our chances.

Things that were good about previous T-shirts:
Chimera’s one for 2012 was broad and relatable: it talked about the experience of attending a con, rather than picking up on something specific from that con. It’s the difference between a shirt that says ‘This weekend I got to play a wizard’ and one that says ‘Larping: Because pretending to be a wizard in real life makes people uncomfortable’. I’d buy the second; I’d probably only buy the first if I actually got to be a wizard at the con.
Likewise with the 2013 Hydra shirt: it was based around a band T-shirt, and featured the names of all the LARPs at the con. Nothing specific about it, no reference to get instantly dated. The only reference that would really work in this situation is one that either bears no resemblance to the convention’s specific games, or one that is so outdated that nobody’s using it.

For this reason, I propose a picture of Uncle Sam, with the caption ‘Your country needs you’ at the top, and ‘to pretend to be a space marine or something’ at the bottom.

I would just like to say that I would also buy this shirt.

Here is what we’re thinking for this years Chimera T-Shirt.

[attachment=1]Chimera-Tshirt.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Version-3.jpg[/attachment]

The fantastic illustrations are courtesy of the talented Amphigori, who made designing this very simple!

Colour options and prices to follow.

Cheers!

Oh very nice!

That’s really cool! I want a print of it to hang on my wall. :smiley:

That’s very cool. But does it come in black?

It’s really pretty.

If you have it in Black all you’d get is the white bits. I’d suggest a shade of grey?

I’ll put up some options soon.

Glad people like it!

I like it… But it doesnt really tell me what Chimera is… sigh

If I saw it I would jut think someone had a snazzy cool design on a shirt.