Chimera 2013 - Goods and Services

Photography
Ant Vaughan will be taking photos at the convention, including (most likely!) green screen photos before the flagship that can be purchased with digital backgrounds after the event.

Make Up
Kara Jensen of PaintedPeople will be doing special fx makeup at Chimera. She’ll be set up all weekend long and will be playing in some games. You will have to pre-book your time slot by emailing Kara on kara@paintedfaces.co.nz or phone 09 422 5252

Prices as follows:
[ul]Single scar/ simple eye design, single one colour airbrush tattoo $5[/ul]
[ul]Facepaint (mask style) or multiple scars/one colour airbrush tattoos $10[/ul]
[ul]Aging Makeup, or Face/neck/hands painting $20[/ul]
[ul]Prosthetics and anything more extensive - POA[/ul]

Please note, Kara does painting and fx,not standard beauty makeup. She does not carry the many foundation colours and concealers required for that particular craft.

T-Shirts
Bryn Jones, with assistance from Jackie Brasfield, has designed the Chimera t-shirt this year. They cost $25 each. You can view the available colours (five of them!) here and order the shirt here.

Paddywhack, NZ’s Purveyor of Larp Gear
Paddywhack will have a stall at Chimera on the Friday before the first game. The stall will be in the same room as the convention registration desk. This is a good chance to pick up any latex weapons, bows, leatherworks or other equipment as Ryan will have fresh stock in, along with copies of the new Epic Armoury 2013 catalogue, and the Forgotten Dreams catalogue. Paddywhack will only be set up on the Friday from 6pm to 7:30pm.

Snacks and Drinks
On Chimera weekend, we will have a variety of soft drinks and energy drinks (in sugared and sugarless varieties) as well as various candy and snacks available at a cost of around $1-$2.

Catering Menu 2013

Breakfast (Saturday and Sunday)
Hash browns, toast with preserves, fruit, corn flakes, coffee and tea.

Saturday Lunch
Chicken and salad filled roll, spinach and feta filo, chocolate afghan and an apple
Vegetarian option: Sun-dried tomato wrap filled with roast veggies and salad, spinach and feta filo, chocolate afghan, and an apple

Saturday Dinner
Shepherd’s pie, roast vegetable and feta penne and mixed green salad.
Vegetarian option: Vegetable Shepherd’s pie, roast vegetable and feta penne and mixed green salad.

Sunday Lunch
Honey soy marinated chicken, green salad, and ciabatta garlic bread
Vegetarian option: Vegetarian lasagne, green salad and ciabatta garlic bread.

At each meal there will be options for those who have indicated allergies.

Question on the catering.

I have said I am vegetarian, which isn’t strictly true but much easier than saying I only eat chicken and fish in the meat department.

But I see there is a lot of chicken (honey soy chicken nomnomnom) and not so much of that other stuff I don’t particularly like that much.

Will things go completely wrong in the catering department if I had the normal meal instead of the vegetarian. I know things can easily go completely wrong if people go the other way so I’m perfectly happy with my vegetarian and wistfully eying honey soy chicken from afar (though I’m a pretty good trader in board games like Settlers so I totally think I could swindle 2 honey soy chickens for 1 garlic ciabatta).

Honestly I’m not bothered either way but I’d rather not make a colossal mistake and muck up the catering if it would be a problem.

If you check your registration confirmation email, it will have a link to change things like dietry preferences - though I’m not sure what the time limit on that is.

(I just changed mine; we’ll see how it goes)

Buying larp gear
Paddywhack will have a stall at Chimera on the Friday before the first game. The stall will be in the same room as the convention registration desk.

If you want to pick up any latex weapons, bows, leatherworks or other equipment this will be a good chance as I’ll have fresh stock in. I’ll also have copies of the new Epic Armoury 2013 catalogue, and the Forgotten Dreams catalogue.

Paddywhack will only be set up on the Friday from 6pm to 7:30pm, so if you want something you’ll need to get in during that brief window.

[quote=“Jarratt”]Question on the catering.

I have said I am vegetarian, which isn’t strictly true but much easier than saying I only eat chicken and fish in the meat department.

But I see there is a lot of chicken (honey soy chicken nomnomnom) and not so much of that other stuff I don’t particularly like that much.

Will things go completely wrong in the catering department if I had the normal meal instead of the vegetarian. I know things can easily go completely wrong if people go the other way so I’m perfectly happy with my vegetarian and wistfully eying honey soy chicken from afar (though I’m a pretty good trader in board games like Settlers so I totally think I could swindle 2 honey soy chickens for 1 garlic ciabatta).

Honestly I’m not bothered either way but I’d rather not make a colossal mistake and muck up the catering if it would be a problem.[/quote]

Thanks Jarratt, for being so considerate :slight_smile: We’re pretty flexible with catering until August 17th when I submit final confirmations to our caterer, so we have no problems with you swapping to the chicken-y option - as Idiot says, please dig up your registration confirmation email, it will have a link to the form where you can update details.

Thank you to everyone who has booked with me to have makeup done for the games at Chimera. It’s going to be fun.

[size=150]Note to everyone: The makeup room will be set up in the lower hall kitchen this year. This is different to previous years.[/size]

I’m packing my gear now, so I can’t design any more custom tattoos or faces. However, if you want scars or wounds, or anything simple on Sunday (Friday and Saturday are booked up), feel free to come and ask.

I also have a range of my shop stock packed and ready for sale at Chimera, so if you’ve been looking for individual face paints, skin tone or primary colour palettes, rigid collodion scarring liquid (2 only!), glitter, silver metal powder, prosthetic glue, sponges or brushes, please pop down to the “makeup room” and see me.

Hi Chimera attendees!

Are you the guy I gave one of these holders to at Chimera, thinking you had ordered it some time ago? Specifically the black one on the right.

You said something like “I completely forgot about this”.

That’s because it turns out I had totally the wrong person, I’d mistaken you for someone else. :wink:

Drop me a PM or email on ryanpaddywhack@gmail.com and we’ll see about getting it back to me.

Cheers,

Ryan