Character theme songs

I like this game. If there is a song that you now associate with your character, or a plotline of your character, post it here. :slight_smile:

Jack and Lily were initially inspired by this song. But Iā€™ll have to think about where Lily is now.

What Jack became after losing Lily and his hand was inspired by this Nick Cave song.

Hearing this New Model Army song today, though the circumstances described in the song are different, it accurately captures how Jacks feels now.

In fact, if you changed lines three, four & five to something slightly more appropriate, the whole of verse one would be perfect! I may have to do thatā€¦

Thanks to a druinken comment by a Gypsy all I can think of for Jane is Postman Pat. Which has way too much nostogia attached to it for me to want to associate it with a Demon apocolypse!

youtube.com/watch?v=f-Ck0oA4yrk ?

ā€¦a tad errā€¦ inappropriate. But itā€™s what google told me. :smiling_imp: (donā€™t actually follow that link)

Also:

Mr Postman - The beetles
Postcard - The Who
Letter From Home - John Michael Montgomery
Letter to Hermione - David Bowie

I Wonā€™t Back Down - Tom Petty

Of course it doesnā€™t actually need to be about mail. :wink:

Agnes Fletcher was partly based on the song ā€œThe Curse of Millhavenā€ by Nick Cave.

Thank you for thoseā€¦ interesting suggestions. (Didnā€™t follow your advice about the first link)

:laughing:

I so got red right hand when I noticed Frankā€™s hand. Good work!

Seven Devils by Florence and the Machine is resonating a bit right now, http://youtu.be/9L3wWPPQZlk

For Esther- ā€˜My Familyā€™s Role in the World Revolutionā€™, by Beirut. No lyrics, but it starts off feeling tense and hurried but gives way to underlying moments of hope and carries a strong sensation of wanting to Get Things Done.

For the entire game,ā€˜Sons and Daughtersā€™ by The Decemberists.

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark

I heard a few songs in my ear this morning, and thought they might be appropriate for certain things. For those sad brides & grooms we had, I thought Springsteenā€™s Brilliant Disguise would fit. Because, yā€™know, sociopaths & gypsies:

We stood at the altar, the gypsy swore our future was bright
But come the wee wee hours, well maybe, baby, the gypsy lied
So when you look at me, you better look hard and look twice
Is that me, baby, or just a brilliant disguise?

Given Lily saved Jack a couple of times, I think Simple Mindā€™s Alive & Kicking would work for Jackā€™s thoughts after her heroic rescues, mainly
because of this little bit near the end :

What you gonna do when things go wrong?
What you gonna do when it all cracks up?
What you gonna do when the Love burns down?
What you gonna do when the flames go up?
Who is gonna come and turn the tide?
Whatā€™s it gonna take to make a dream survive?
Whoā€™s got the touch to calm the storm inside?
Donā€™t say goodbye, Donā€™t say goodbye
In the final seconds whoā€™s gonna save you?

The references to flames and tides are especially appropriate given tides of demons & zombies; and the ā€œWhoā€™s got the touch to calm the storm inside?ā€ nicely references the exorcism ritual that Lily performed circling round Jack after rescuing him form the demons.

I know, Iā€™m a sad individual, living vicariously thru my character. Luckily, round here that ainā€™t too uncommon! :slight_smile:

Nice!

ā€˜Colour In Your Cheeksā€™ by The Mountain Goats for the gypsies:

youtube.com/watch?v=DPJBtOFRzSQ

For the Demons! KMFDMā€™s Juke Joint Jezebel. Because the lyrics!

ā€˜Adventure!ā€™ by Be Your Own Pet has been running through my head while plotting out Esther and Artyā€™s jaunt through the continent.